View Single Post

Old
  Post #14 (permalink)   10-04-2009, 09:05 PM
siforek
HD Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockym View Post
I have seen both host.servgator.net & servgator floating around (lucky not with us yet) and always thought it looked a tad off.

Anytime a random order comes in, 2-3 back to back like that I am all over it. I have no issues picking up a phone and making a call just to double check.

The only time this happened to us before we could catch it I spent about 40 minutes on the phone explaining to an elderly gentleman what the internet was, what hosting was and how it was possible that someone got his CC, directly him to contact his bank, etc.

Was a horrid deal to end up with (him and myself) but it was taken care of and he was appreciative of the time spent in clearing things up.
I actually had a similar issue, but after about 10 minutes of trying to explain things I just called the bank and let them know what was going on

Regarding fraudulent orders.. It can be a challenge at times to follow the needed procedures, yet still make it simple for new customers to get setup. I think we can all agree that if you're ever in doubt a (usually quick) phone call can easily resolve it.