Thread: Limit Forum Ads
View Single Post

Old
  Post #33 (permalink)   09-29-2014, 03:52 PM
Rado_Ch
HD Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkPoppen View Post
25 out of 31 new posts are ads right now.

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I was about to create on about this myself.

Why don't we have a system where the amount of ads you can place is based on the amount of quality posts you have made in the past X days?
For example, if you have 10 posts in the past 10 days, you get 1 ad. 20 posts in the past 10 days will give you 2 etc. It prevents people from signing up, pretend they're helping the community by posting 25 quality posts, and after that only to come back to place ads.

I don't mind looking at ads, since they help fund this community, but I keep seeing ads posted by people I never see posting any other content (exceptions apply, of course).
While I would love to see more quality content, I can't really see that one working. What it will do is just to tolerate more and more spamming and useless comments just to get your post count up so you can post an ad. And this will be a frequent occurrence instead of just being one time.

Sad reality is that most people just focus on one forum and its the most populated one with the best content. You are a member of WHT yourself I believe and you know darn well how different it is from any other hosting related forum. You just can't beat their popularity at the moment and the most serious "players" do hang out predominantly there.