View Single Post

Old
  Post #25 (permalink)   02-15-2016, 05:07 AM
Irene Rogers
HD Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
the thing with live chat and emails is as i stated earlier you have no idea if it is actually the client you are communicating with, so support tickets from their clientarea means they need to be logged in to contact you, so then you are covered for any mishaps like the client saying i never contacted you to do anything related to my account. if its from their client area then they takes responsibility, but with live chat/email they cant as you have no way of saying it was them contacting you
Actually, there are live chat services that allow you to verify your customers without leaving the chat, just by asking them to log in to their account or without a single question if they are already logged in. When set up properly, the agent chat app will immediately show when the user is logged in and even provide the agent with some additional details about the account (literally any information you decide to pass to the app) - customer's contact details, how long they have been your client, any account stats, etc.

Chat transcripts are also trackable, no matter which live chat software you use. All chat providers I know offer this in one way or another.

In the world of Internet Customer Service, itís important to remember your competitor is only one mouse click away.
Provide Support, LLC - The Live Support Chat Software Company