View Single Post

Old
  Post #27 (permalink)   02-15-2016, 10:15 AM
Collabora
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post

It is better to have a specific email address that will do this [pipe email into ticket system], but then even so the ticket generated would not identify the client, so still unknown if it is the client communicating with you.
A ticket system integrated with your billing/crm software will identify a client's profile email. If request is from an unknown email you can direct the reply to the proper email/client. Thus if requester is not client, client will tell you "I didn't ask that" or something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
the thing with....emails is as i stated earlier you have no idea if it is actually the client you are communicating with, so support tickets from their clientarea means they need to be logged in to contact you,
As stated above, an integrated ticket system will match the FROM address with a client's profile email. Client would not need to get onto web, log in, etc

Customer's would prefer using email than the web-based ticket system. My brick and mortar customers verbalize this to me on a constant basis. I am sure your regular ol' hosting customers have the same preferences.