View Single Post

Old
  Post #8 (permalink)   02-18-2016, 09:41 PM
Localnode
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
Even a VPS is not necessary promised resources (mileages will vary). This is because of "vCores" and so few VPS providers even tell you what a vCore is in term of actual CPU power..

Why brother with such things if they pose the same "headaches" if not more than a shared provider?

Again I am not looking for "burst able limits" I am looking for what I can use 100% of the time if needed. Even if it significantly less than what most providers allocate for their "burst able limits". For instance if there were two hosts and one were advertising 1GB of RAM that is really "burst able limits" or another that were to only give 256MB of RAM but it truly there for just you. I would much rather take the 256MB and spare the up selling BS that could come from most providers who only do by "burst able limits" and "semi reserved limits".
Keep in mind many hosts will not offer any script support.

You probably don't need a VPS, if you want a VPS - you will need it fully managed, either by the host or from a 3rd party. As such cPanel (or a different control panel) will be needed (for most cases) as many management providers won't manage a server without a control panel.
Follow Us | Like Us | Blog

Last edited by Localnode : 02-18-2016 at 09:50 PM.