View Single Post

Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   05-13-2016, 10:06 AM
pphillips
HD Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whmcsguru View Post
#2: WHMCS is actively developed. When was the last time we saw a major Blesta update? Almost 3 years ago. Yes, v3 has been out for that long. The last time we saw a major WHMCS update? March/April with 6.3
Version 4 is very close to a beta release. Since v3.0 came out, we've had 6 minor releases (and many beta's and patches) that have added a significant amount of functionality. Each one of our "minor" releases could have been a "major" release, but we follow semantic versioning and only increase the major version when introducing backwards incompatible changes.

Quote:
#3: WHMCS will have php7 support, likely before ioncube does.
Blesta will support PHP7. How will WHMCS support PHP7 before ioncube though?.. considering they encode it with ioncube.

Quote:
#4: Did I mention they're not really actively developing Blesta? See http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.p...gateway-vault/ for a perfect example. Topic created September 2013. very, very valid gateway (Quantum vault) , yet where is it? They still haven't bothered to put it together.
Blesta is actively developed, that's an absurd argument. If you look at requested WHMCS features you could make the same argument. They still don't have a native Stripe gateway, which we have supported for some time.

Quote:
#5: Extendability . You can do so much more with WHMCS than you can anything else.
Blesta is almost entirely open. I think that makes it pretty extensible too.

Quote:
Yes, I'm slightly biased. I've been working on WHMCS installs for years, but Blesta doesn't have a chance at 'replacing WHMCS'. As it sits right now, nothing does. Nothing out there has the power to take the beast that is WHMCS down. Trust me, I've tested almost all of 'em.
We're all biased, so I won't hold it against you. Please try to be accurate though.

Also, we aren't trying to replace WHMCS. There is room in this market for several players, and the competition between us results in better products for everyone to enjoy. We should all embrace competition.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pphillips For This Useful Post:
easyhostmedia (05-20-2016), Licensecart (05-13-2016)