View Single Post

Old
  Post #10 (permalink)   03-18-2017, 03:26 PM
WPCYCLE
HD Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomex View Post
When I first started I was with HostGator and asked them if I could use their AUP/TOS and they allowed me to. Since then i've modified it as my business has evolved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
TOS/AUP/PP should all be relevant to YOUR business, so no good going to fiverr and purchasing a set.

starter or experienced startup we all have TOS we have to follow

1) You start as a reseller you have a set of TOS etc. that you have to follow from your provider - All the clients you take on must also adhere to the same policies, so it is best practice that you copy these same policies and just change the company name to suit your business.

2) You rent a VPS/Dedicated Server you have a set of TOS etc. that you have to follow from your provider - All the clients you take on must also adhere to the same policies, so it is best practice that you copy these same policies and just change the company name to suit your business.

3) You Colo you have a set of TOS etc. that you have to follow from the Datacentre - All the clients you take on must also adhere to the same policies, so it is best practice that you copy these same policies and just change the company name to suit your business.

3) You purchase a Dedicated Server you have a set of TOS etc. that you have to follow from the Datacentre - All the clients you take on must also adhere to the same policies, so it is best practice that you copy these same policies and just change the company name to suit your business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
If you get a reseller account, VPS or Dedicated Server then you have to comply to that providers TOS etc. Anyone you provide hosting too also needs to comply with these, so it makes sense for you to just copy and paste the TOS etc. that you have to comply with and just adapt them to your business name etc.

As simple as the statements above. If the parent host or provider puts you can only do ABC with your account, then you can only allow ABC to your customers. If you give customers the ability to do DEF, then you've broken the rules set between you and the provider...which is not wise.

I too used my providers TOS in the past, BUT I asked them beforehand and they had no problem with it as long as it reflected my business and had my name on it. They quickly looked it over and approved, and then I also had it looked over legally. No point reinventing a wheel that was already worked.