View Single Post

Old
  Post #34 (permalink)   04-26-2017, 12:27 PM
WPCYCLE
HD Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
also your scenario did not say if they had been a client of the host before and had already use the MBG, which would mean they cant claim under the MBG a second time

many reasons a host does not pay out on a MBG and as a MBG is a privilege and not a right under any law then you cannot do anything about it legally, but if a host has the money then they could sue you for libel if you post about them anywhere
My examples did describe this. Both signed up, and both canceled within the MBG period. This would not apply to an existing customer since they would have passed the MBG period by weeks, months, or years.

How is it libel if it's the truth and there's evidence to support it?

If Host A lists a MBG in 30 days with no issues on their website which I have a screenshot of, on a public forum which I have a screenshot of, and within the TOS that I accepted that I also have a screenshot of, and I do not violate any rules within the TOS and ask for a refund 7 days within paying for the service...I am owed that refund. To come at me with lawyers for an account not worth lawyers fee is ridiculous, and I would not hire any lawyers for something that's not worth it.

The issue is principal...not the actual refund. If a host creates a legal case over a customers negative review about missing money, and the customer can prove it, who would be laughed at. That money could have been put towards advertising, better servers, or management consulting, but instead put towards an angry customer who lost money, then it shows the host doesn't understand business.