Thread: WHMCS and SFTP
View Single Post

Old
  Post #20 (permalink)   05-03-2017, 05:44 AM
Alex HubRocket
HD Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
just daily, weekly and monthly but to the same destination.
A quick look on their site states they allow you to store backups in multiple storage locations and can store 7 days worth of backups. And even if that is false (I doubt it), there are plenty of other alternative solutions in this space.

Quote:
would mean you have to code a script and it may surprise you that not everyone is a coder.
point me to the policy or law saying a web host must be a coder as setting up backups is 100% different to writing your own script.
I really don't know what you're getting at as I never said anything about a web host having to be a designer / coder. I said backups are very standard thing to have setup for a web host, there are plenty of solutions out there so no, you do not need to be a designer or coder and I never said you had to be.

Quote:
but the point is that WHMCS shout on about security and making your installations secure, but they cant be bothered to make their backup feature use secure connections.
I agree the backups feature needs redoing though there are alternatives available so you don't have to resort to storing them in your Gmail account which is a bad idea itself.