View Single Post

Old
  Post #15 (permalink)   06-22-2017, 08:14 PM
webling
HD Addict

When I started my company I wrote my own in Perl CGI. It took me about 40 hours to write a script that would handle client orders. I knew nothing about software that I could buy. Even though I had used Plesk awhile back when I hosted my sites before having my own server, I hadn't thought about that. So I had this amazing script (It wasn't half bad and worked flawlessly) but I wasn't getting customers. So even though I felt good about the program I produced, visitors to my site saw it differently because they weren't buying hosting plans. And I have some pretty good plans.

I've used both Plesk and cPanel and have tried the DirectAdmin demo. They are all good. After getting rid of the one I wrote, the first one I used was Plesk because I had learned that well. Later I learned about cPanel and was frustrated a bit having to learn new software. So I added a server with cPanel and suddenly began getting orders. I found it is the most popular and once I learned it myself liked it better than Plesk even though Plesk is still a top choice.

I learned that in this business it's important to make it as easy for the client and give them the most you can. In my experience, cPanel does that best.

Last edited by webling : 06-22-2017 at 08:19 PM.