View Single Post

Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   07-21-2017, 07:34 AM
xtm_mike
HD Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioZoom View Post
If it's not spam, not breaking your tos, and not overloading the server, why would you consider doing anything about it?
Well, that's my point, it seemed like a fine line between spam and mailing list.

Quote:
SPAM: irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to a large number of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc.
I'd say it falls under that description.

I found from investigations that this client has several websites and businesses. A legitimate mailing list would be contacted through a service like MailChimp, from companies own domain to verify that the email is authentic (ie not spam)

The domain registered was just numbers 12345678.co.uk.. with emails being sent from mail@123456789.co.uk.

My hunch is that the client has purchased lists and is emailing them from random IP addresses knowing that the majority will be flagged as SPAM because they do not have permission, therefore compromising their own IPs for their website, mail servers or whatever...

As you rightly pointed out, the client is not violating my TOS or overloading the server, but it does have potential to get my IPs on blacklists, affecting my other clients.
https://www.lunahost.co.uk