Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?


View Poll Results: Restructuring the Marketplace
Keep marketplace as is 7 14.29%
Split Shared and Reseller only 2 4.08%
Split VPS and Dedicated/Colocation only 7 14.29%
Split everything, but keep Dedicated/Colocation merged 5 10.20%
Split absolutely everything 27 55.10%
I will propose something else in the post 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply


Old
  Post #16 (permalink)   05-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 969

Status: Collabora is offline
Naturally, revenue generation will be a guiding factor in any proposed design changes. Other than advertising, I don't know if any other source of revenue for the HD company.

However, there would be a guaranteed increase in advertising revenue if HD did not officially bad-mouth, lie about and downright criminalize hosts that offer hosting plans without the traditional quota limits on disk space and bandwidth -- as they do in their sticky articles in the Marketplace and in staff's postings. Why would such hosts spend marketing budget with companies whose made it a policy to convince their readers to not patronize such advertisers?
.
.
.

Last edited by Collabora : 05-04-2016 at 02:12 PM.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #17 (permalink)   05-04-2016, 02:59 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,331

Status: Artashes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
Naturally, revenue generation will be a guiding factor in any proposed design changes. Other than advertising, I don't know if any other source of revenue for the HD company.

However, there would be a guaranteed increase in advertising revenue if HD did not officially bad-mouth, lie about and downright criminalize hosts that offer hosting plans without the traditional quota limits on disk space and bandwidth -- as they do in their sticky articles in the Marketplace and in staff's postings. Why would such hosts spend marketing budget with companies whose made it a policy to convince their readers to not patronize such advertisers?
You know, I don't censor members' opinions and I don't tell staff what to think or say. If someone has an opinion - they are welcome to it. We don't represent any hosting company, all we do is connect the industry together. We only expect people to be respectful, a concept which has been lost on you lately, with the continuous little vile comments you like to make.

Also, there is no need to bring your agenda into every thread. This discussion has nothing to do with unlimited/limited hosts, neither it is about HD design or its revenue. As such, this time I am going to give you this public warning. As much as I am a tolerant person, my patience can eventually run out.

Back on topic please.
 
 
 
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artashes For This Useful Post:
SenseiSteve (05-04-2016), whmcsguru (05-23-2016)


Old
  Post #18 (permalink)   05-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 969

Status: Collabora is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
This discussion has nothing to do with ... HD design or its revenue.

Back on topic please.
But in Post #15 you definitely addressed complete HD design (and platform). You allow sticky post ads for a fee (which is great) in Market Place. And you have sticky articles (and Announcements) written by staff in Marketplace (some not so great -- my opinion). I guess I am confused by what is to be revamped, or what I am allowed to suggest to be revamped (per poll choice).
 
 
 


Old
  Post #19 (permalink)   05-04-2016, 04:30 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,331

Status: Artashes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
But in Post #15 you definitely addressed complete HD design (and platform).
I definitely answered a direct question by a member, if that's what you are referring.
I am also pretty clear in the same post that any re-design effort isn't a top priority at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
I guess I am confused by what is to be revamped, or what I am allowed to suggest to be revamped (per poll choice).
It takes reading Post #1 to eliminate any confusion about what this particular discussion and poll is about.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #20 (permalink)   05-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 969

Status: Collabora is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
It takes reading Post #1 to eliminate any confusion about what this particular discussion and poll is about.
Actually its not clear that the Sticky articles and Announcements in each of the Marketplace sections are not part of the restructuring. But thanks for finally clearing that up. It will help me plan marketing budget for future - -as small as it is. It would be silly for me to pay for advertising under "objective" articles that essentially characterize me as untrustworthy and a liar. Just my opinion, of course. You may rescind the 50% discount you offered me a long time ago.

Last edited by Collabora : 05-04-2016 at 05:15 PM.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #21 (permalink)   05-04-2016, 06:30 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,331

Status: Artashes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
Actually its not clear that the Sticky articles and Announcements in each of the Marketplace sections are not part of the restructuring. But thanks for finally clearing that up. It will help me plan marketing budget for future - -as small as it is. It would be silly for me to pay for advertising under "objective" articles that essentially characterize me as untrustworthy and a liar. Just my opinion, of course. You may rescind the 50% discount you offered me a long time ago.
If you feel so strongly about being labeled a liar, I expect that you are going to stop advertising yourself in the Marketplace completely. I know I would.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #22 (permalink)   05-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 969

Status: Collabora is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
If you feel so strongly about being labeled a liar, I expect that you are going to stop advertising yourself in the Marketplace completely. I know I would.
There is a difference between paying for it and not paying for it. The former is a lousy investment, the latter is not. Simple.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #23 (permalink)   05-04-2016, 08:59 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,331

Status: Artashes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
There is a difference between paying for it and not paying for it. The former is a lousy investment, the latter is not. Simple.
Whether you run a paid sticky or a regular ad, makes zero difference. You still advertise under the "objective articles that characterize [you] as untrustworthy and a liar", according to you. Given that you conveniently want to continue to advertise in the marketplace means you essentially have no problem with it. Why you needed to cause so much drama about it is beyond me. #micdrop


NOTE: There will be no further discussion on this subject.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #24 (permalink)   05-23-2016, 04:12 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15

Status: Shock Hosting is offline
I agree that everything should be split.

It should help make the marketplace easier to navigate as there will be a clear separation. (Example: Shared and Reseller)
__________________
Shock Hosting | High quality hosting at an affordable price!
LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | Softaculous | NYC Metro Location
 
 
 


Old
  Post #25 (permalink)   05-23-2016, 11:50 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 222
Send a message via Skype™ to whmcsguru

Status: whmcsguru is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Hosting View Post
I agree that everything should be split.
Yup (and yeah, I'm just now getting around to this thread )
Structure is great
__________________
WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to your WHMCS install!
WHMCS User and IP Extended Control - Take control of your WHMCS install
Linux admin, WHMCS Guru for hire. PM me for more information
 
 
 


Old
  Post #26 (permalink)   06-11-2016, 11:46 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 58

Status: luis123456789 is offline
Please, make the FREE hosting section. While it would bring amateur users, it would be nice to have a template to follow.

I for once do like getting new sponsorships once in a blue moon.

Plus, keep everything as is.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #27 (permalink)   06-12-2016, 04:22 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 781

Status: Alex HubRocket is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis123456789 View Post
Please, make the FREE hosting section. While it would bring amateur users, it would be nice to have a template to follow.

I for once do like getting new sponsorships once in a blue moon.

Plus, keep everything as is.
I think with free hosting we'll end up seeing 'Signed up with X and they've gone down, lost all my data' type posts.

However might be interesting in terms of traffic / forum contribution.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #28 (permalink)   06-24-2016, 11:01 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 81
Send a message via AIM to satdav Send a message via MSN to satdav Send a message via Skype™ to satdav

Status: satdav is offline
with free hosting can I suggest you limit to members who are known for example been on the forum for more than a month also limit the post count as I would not want this to be going to a newbie who will abouse the system a vouched would be good
__________________
Regards
David
 
 
 


Old
  Post #29 (permalink)   07-26-2016, 09:44 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Asvhille
Posts: 168

Status: FusedServers is offline
split everything and keep it neat and clean.
__________________
FusedServers.com - Shared and Dedicated Servers
Softaculous, CloudFlare, cPanel, 99% Uptime, MySQL, PHP, Dallas, Tx.
Sales@FusedServers.com - Shared and Dedicated Web Hosting
 
 
 


Old
  Post #30 (permalink)   07-26-2016, 10:28 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,331

Status: Artashes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusedServers View Post
split everything and keep it neat and clean.
I see that you voted "Split everything, but keep Dedicated/Colocation merged". Did you mean to select "Split absolutely everything" instead?
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: