Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #1 (permalink)   12-18-2006, 02:54 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 63

Status: Fastian is offline
Hello to HD team

I was reading KB at HelpDesk section. The font size used in post is too small. I am using 1024*768 resolution and it is very difficult for me to read it properly. I am sure, if you are viewing it from a higher resolution, you will have more issue.

Even if you change Text Size from IE, it doesn’t make any difference. (Something to do with ID, I guess)

So, I will suggest increasing the font size for better reading.

Regards
Fastian
 
 
 


Old
  Post #2 (permalink)   12-18-2006, 08:52 AM
HD Master
 
pmhoran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 388

Status: pmhoran is offline
I "manage" a couple forums myself for a couple friends ... and members of those sites most times have vision difficulties. What I have done is ... changed the theme's fonts so instead of being a specified size ... I use percentages. Its worked pretty good for the members needs.

However, as a member here, I find FireFox to be a better browser to use when my own vision is being impaired. For some reason, FireFox's ability to override the font settings of a site are better than IE's. Its not only helped me here but a number of other sites I encounter on the net. Easier to change the browser you use than the thousands of sites whose fonts are set at a specific size.

JMHO
Peter
 
 
 


Old
  Post #3 (permalink)   12-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Data Center Specialist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 849

Status: Marks is offline
I'm on a 1024x768 Resolution it seems fine to me.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   12-18-2006, 10:55 AM
HD Wizard
 
ldcdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ploiesti
Posts: 3,112

Status: ldcdc is offline
I'm on 1280x1024 and it does seem a bit small to me.

pmhoran's Firefox suggestion is an excellent workaround.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #5 (permalink)   12-18-2006, 12:43 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,814

Status: Artashes is online now
Fastian, thank you for your suggestion. I agree with you, it is why we hope to make the font size bigger with the next IntelloDesk release (its the software that powers our helpdesk). I believe the next version does not contain font size this small.

Unfortunately, the size of the font is something that we cannot correct locally - it comes standard from software manufacturer.

Best,
 
 
 


Old
  Post #6 (permalink)   12-18-2006, 01:24 PM
HD Wizard
 
Exon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: IA
Posts: 1,020
Send a message via ICQ to Exon Send a message via AIM to Exon

Status: Exon is offline
It looks fine for me, I'm running 1440x900 - maybe SHE can fix it? :-p

<3 IntelloDesk.
__________________
John "Exon" Pinkerton
jpinkerton@exonnet.net
http://www.ExonNet.net
 
 
 


Old
  Post #7 (permalink)   12-18-2006, 02:05 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 63

Status: Fastian is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes
Fastian, thank you for your suggestion. I agree with you, it is why we hope to make the font size bigger with the next IntelloDesk release (its the software that powers our helpdesk). I believe the next version does not contain font size this small.

Unfortunately, the size of the font is something that we cannot correct locally - it comes standard from software manufacturer.

Best,
That’s what I thought myself. (ID= IntelloDesk)
I think, such options should be kept at user’s side. (Changing font, size and color) Infect, changing everything related to theme/template should be at users disposal.

Hope to see ID v2 will sort out this issue.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #8 (permalink)   12-18-2006, 02:15 PM
HD Wizard
 
Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: PEI
Posts: 2,713

Status: Blue is offline
You can always use CTRL/Mousewheel Forward to increase the size of fonts on a web page.
__________________
Hampshire Hosting
Affordable Shared and Reseller Hosting
 
 
 


Old
  Post #9 (permalink)   12-18-2006, 05:29 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,814

Status: Artashes is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exon
It looks fine for me, I'm running 1440x900 - maybe SHE can fix it? :-p
I am not sure, you should talk to HER about it.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #10 (permalink)   12-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Data Center Specialist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 849

Status: Marks is offline
Would you care to elaborate on who SHE/HER is
 
 
 


Old
  Post #11 (permalink)   12-18-2006, 07:11 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,814

Status: Artashes is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks
Would you care to elaborate on who SHE/HER is
Its a surprise for all. Can't tell just yet.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #12 (permalink)   12-18-2006, 09:18 PM
HD Wizard
 
Exon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: IA
Posts: 1,020
Send a message via ICQ to Exon Send a message via AIM to Exon

Status: Exon is offline
I KNOW! I KNOW! Selling the answer for $10 each!

On a side note at home on my laptop with 1024x768 and IE7 and it's small but not bad. I thought with ID you could change the size when you create/edit the article?

At least in my version of ID I was able to, and I'm running same version as HD...
__________________
John "Exon" Pinkerton
jpinkerton@exonnet.net
http://www.ExonNet.net
 
 
 


Old
  Post #13 (permalink)   12-19-2006, 10:28 PM
HD Wizard
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,628

Status: ANMMark is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exon
I thought with ID you could change the size when you create/edit the article?
This is accurate. IntelloDesk v1 has a wysiwyg editor for the articles. When the font size of the articles aren't set, it will take on the font size of the table class that the article appears in.

IntelloDesk will indeed have the ability to better handle this, and handle templates a ton better than v1.0 (v2.0 is using the Smarty engine)
__________________
Mark
NIC™ - Network Innovative Concepts - Get ready for R.A.I.N.
Protect your website from hackers NIC™ - SiteLock
 
 
 


Old
  Post #14 (permalink)   12-28-2006, 09:04 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 51
Send a message via AIM to tickedon Send a message via MSN to tickedon

Status: tickedon is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastian
Hello to HD team

I was reading KB at HelpDesk section. The font size used in post is too small. I am using 1024*768 resolution and it is very difficult for me to read it properly. I am sure, if you are viewing it from a higher resolution, you will have more issue.

Even if you change Text Size from IE, it doesn’t make any difference. (Something to do with ID, I guess)

So, I will suggest increasing the font size for better reading.

Regards
Fastian
Use Firefox, hold control and then scroll using your mouse wheel. Instant size increase (or decrease...) pretty much everywhere

By far one of the most useful features of Firefox - IE's text size features seem to do nothing on most sites.
__________________
Alasdair Stewart
 
 
 


Old
  Post #15 (permalink)   12-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Data Center Specialist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 849

Status: Marks is offline
Quote:
Use Firefox, hold control and then scroll using your mouse wheel. Instant size increase (or decrease...) pretty much everywhere.
Or Ctrl + :-)
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: