Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #1 (permalink)   11-11-2015, 08:02 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Montréal, Canada
Posts: 45

Status: webalternative is offline
hello,

how do you deal with the domain in redemption period?

It's seems WHMCS didn't provide any option for this by default... Did you make the change to the invoice manually? Is their any up-to-date (compatible v6) whmcs plugin for this?

Regards
__________________
- Web Alternative
- [CA / US / NL / FR ] Shared Hosting - Offshore Hosting - Reseller - VPS
- http://webalternative.ca
 
 


Old
  Post #2 (permalink)   11-12-2015, 01:04 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 756
Send a message via AIM to cheapdedicated Send a message via Yahoo to cheapdedicated Send a message via Skype™ to cheapdedicated

Status: cheapdedicated is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by webalternative View Post
hello,

how do you deal with the domain in redemption period?
What exactly do you want to do? Force a renewal? or what? I do not seem to understand to know what you want to do apart from knowing the domain is in redemption state. Also are you asking as a host or a client? If a host who is your domain registration provider and what type of arrangement do you have with them. With that we will understand the question better.
__________________
Techsys Ltd | Dedicated Servers | V.P.S | Free Plesk Panel
G8 Servers cPanel Reseller VPS Reseller Dedicated Server Resellers

G8 Host Cheap Domains | Shared Hosting | SSL
 
 
 


Old
  Post #3 (permalink)   11-12-2015, 05:54 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Montréal, Canada
Posts: 45

Status: webalternative is offline
Sorry for my bad english, that's not my primary language...

Here is what i want to do:

I want to update the current customer invoice/domain price for a domain, if the customer domain is in redemption period. Because actually, with WHMCS if the user renew his domain within the redemption period, the user will only need to pay for a "domain renewal" and the domain will not get renewed because the domain is in redemption period and its will cost a lot more to get the domain restored.

I'm just looking a way to automate this.... Just change the invoice/domain price when the domain is in redemption period and update the domain status.

Hope I was more clear this time...

Regards,
 
 
 


Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   11-12-2015, 06:16 PM
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 969

Status: Collabora is offline
It depends who the registrar is. Resellerclub already has Restore prices you can set/manage and whmcs will pick those up just like the other domain prices

whmcs has plenty of tools to make manual management easy, from setting notices to listing expired domains and reports. Look for the ones that are entering redemption and add a line item to the overdue invoice
 
 
 


Old
  Post #5 (permalink)   11-13-2015, 07:22 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 756
Send a message via AIM to cheapdedicated Send a message via Yahoo to cheapdedicated Send a message via Skype™ to cheapdedicated

Status: cheapdedicated is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by webalternative View Post
Sorry for my bad english, that's not my primary language...

Here is what i want to do:

I want to update the current customer invoice/domain price for a domain, if the customer domain is in redemption period. Because actually, with WHMCS if the user renew his domain within the redemption period, the user will only need to pay for a "domain renewal" and the domain will not get renewed because the domain is in redemption period and its will cost a lot more to get the domain restored.

I'm just looking a way to automate this.... Just change the invoice/domain price when the domain is in redemption period and update the domain status.

Hope I was more clear this time...

Regards,
If you want to achieve that in WHMCS you will need to manipulate their Late fee feature apply it to only domains and set the late fee to be the redemption fee. Navigate to languages and rename late fee as Redemption fee and you are ready to go.
__________________
Techsys Ltd | Dedicated Servers | V.P.S | Free Plesk Panel
G8 Servers cPanel Reseller VPS Reseller Dedicated Server Resellers

G8 Host Cheap Domains | Shared Hosting | SSL
 
 
 


Old
  Post #6 (permalink)   11-17-2015, 11:21 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 81

Status: CarlC is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkateega View Post
If you want to achieve that in WHMCS you will need to manipulate their Late fee feature apply it to only domains and set the late fee to be the redemption fee. Navigate to languages and rename late fee as Redemption fee and you are ready to go.
I have done this in our WHMCS and it works great. We don't get a lot of clients purchasing it though since a lot of them are just shutting down there business. But you will get one once in a while.
__________________
Papas Hosting
Shared, Dedicated,
VPS & Reseller Hosting
 
 
 


Old
  Post #7 (permalink)   12-02-2015, 07:02 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 756
Send a message via AIM to cheapdedicated Send a message via Yahoo to cheapdedicated Send a message via Skype™ to cheapdedicated

Status: cheapdedicated is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
I have done this in our WHMCS and it works great. We don't get a lot of clients purchasing it though since a lot of them are just shutting down there business. But you will get one once in a while.
Well as long as you have it set it can wait until someone trigers it by asking for renwal. My general experience though is you will have not more than one client ready to pay redemption. The ones that could afford that will not allow their domains expire the ones who let them expire can hardly pay redemption.
__________________
Techsys Ltd | Dedicated Servers | V.P.S | Free Plesk Panel
G8 Servers cPanel Reseller VPS Reseller Dedicated Server Resellers

G8 Host Cheap Domains | Shared Hosting | SSL
 
 
 


Old
  Post #8 (permalink)   12-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 26

Status: Prewebhost is offline
Manual changes needed under invoice for the force renewal of the domains in redemption period
 
 
 


Old
  Post #9 (permalink)   12-07-2015, 02:39 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 756
Send a message via AIM to cheapdedicated Send a message via Yahoo to cheapdedicated Send a message via Skype™ to cheapdedicated

Status: cheapdedicated is offline
Editing the invoice might be a tricky part for users who are not good with coding but the late fee feature is too easy to manipulate to end up with the same results
__________________
Techsys Ltd | Dedicated Servers | V.P.S | Free Plesk Panel
G8 Servers cPanel Reseller VPS Reseller Dedicated Server Resellers

G8 Host Cheap Domains | Shared Hosting | SSL
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: