Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

Hosting Discussion > Operating a Web Hosting Business > Billing and Accounting > How do you deal with PayPal chargebacks?
forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #16 (permalink)   03-21-2016, 10:41 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20

Status: emyhost is offline
Whenever I encounter such situation, I will provide all the details to paypal according to their requirement. Meanwhile, I will try to contact the customer to clarify the issue with them, if they are not satisfy with our service and found they are right, normally I will request them to cancel the charge back and will refund it to them accordingly, or else, what we can do it just provide the necessary info/documents to paypal and let paypal to judge accordingly.
__________________
Emyhost Networks | Affordable Web Hosting | Reliable Dedicated Servers | Cheap VPS
Money Back Guarantee ★ 99.9% Uptime ]★ 24/7 Support
www.emyhost.com
 
 
 


Old
  Post #17 (permalink)   03-22-2016, 10:17 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 759
Send a message via AIM to cheapdedicated Send a message via Yahoo to cheapdedicated Send a message via Skype™ to cheapdedicated

Status: cheapdedicated is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by emyhost View Post
Whenever I encounter such situation, I will provide all the details to paypal according to their requirement. Meanwhile, I will try to contact the customer to clarify the issue with them, if they are not satisfy with our service and found they are right, normally I will request them to cancel the charge back and will refund it to them accordingly, or else, what we can do it just provide the necessary info/documents to paypal and let paypal to judge accordingly.
The best one can do is alwas to just abide by Paypals demands thats all one can really do. Many times you will actually lose the case even if you provide evidence as long as paypal is sure that the account that paid you was compromised.
__________________
Techsys Ltd | Dedicated Servers | V.P.S | Free Plesk Panel
G8 Servers cPanel Reseller VPS Reseller Dedicated Server Resellers

G8 Host Cheap Domains | Shared Hosting | SSL
 
 
 


Old
  Post #18 (permalink)   03-22-2016, 10:33 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 45

Status: hostdare is offline
I have won most of the paypal disputes,the key is that you need add as much as proof you have against the customer be it customers IP/address,fraud details,spammer details .
__________________
Hostdare Unlimited cPanel SSD hosting | Managed cPanel Dedicated Servers | Dedicated server starting @17 usd/mo
█ Cpanel/WHM | Not Oversold | Reseller / Managed dedicated Plans Available
www.hostdare.com
 
 
 


Old
  Post #19 (permalink)   03-22-2016, 10:36 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 759
Send a message via AIM to cheapdedicated Send a message via Yahoo to cheapdedicated Send a message via Skype™ to cheapdedicated

Status: cheapdedicated is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by hostdare View Post
I have won most of the paypal disputes,the key is that you need add as much as proof you have against the customer be it customers IP/address,fraud details,spammer details .
Yes you will win many if its the client trying to get back their money BUT almost always you will lose if the client used a paypal account that is not theirs to pay you. So If they use a stolen account and the real owner is the one pushing for the chargeback that you will hardly ever win
__________________
Techsys Ltd | Dedicated Servers | V.P.S | Free Plesk Panel
G8 Servers cPanel Reseller VPS Reseller Dedicated Server Resellers

G8 Host Cheap Domains | Shared Hosting | SSL
 
 
 


Old
  Post #20 (permalink)   03-23-2016, 04:09 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 45

Status: hostdare is offline
yes,for hacked account payments,there is less chance of winning though.
__________________
Hostdare Unlimited cPanel SSD hosting | Managed cPanel Dedicated Servers | Dedicated server starting @17 usd/mo
█ Cpanel/WHM | Not Oversold | Reseller / Managed dedicated Plans Available
www.hostdare.com
 
 
 


Old
  Post #21 (permalink)   03-23-2016, 04:21 PM
HD Master
 
zomex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 315

Status: zomex is offline
When I get a PayPal chargeback/dispute I just assume that it's lost revenue as it's very rare for it to workout in your favor even if you did everything right such as your terms and following the dispute process.
__________________
Zomex ~ In business since 2009 and still going strong!
Web hosting templates - Allowing you to > start a web hosting reseller business
█ #1 responsive whmcs templates | whmcs integration | whmcs configuration
 
 
 


Old
  Post #22 (permalink)   03-24-2016, 07:47 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 759
Send a message via AIM to cheapdedicated Send a message via Yahoo to cheapdedicated Send a message via Skype™ to cheapdedicated

Status: cheapdedicated is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomex View Post
When I get a PayPal chargeback/dispute I just assume that it's lost revenue as it's very rare for it to workout in your favor even if you did everything right such as your terms and following the dispute process.
Where a client is just trying to pay for a service they rightfully ordered or abused that you can win with evidence of IP address etc and of course TOS. The impossible part is where the account was just stolen.
__________________
Techsys Ltd | Dedicated Servers | V.P.S | Free Plesk Panel
G8 Servers cPanel Reseller VPS Reseller Dedicated Server Resellers

G8 Host Cheap Domains | Shared Hosting | SSL
 
 
 


Old
  Post #23 (permalink)   03-26-2016, 04:42 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 31

Status: DBH Web is offline
This is what I posted in another forum on the same subject.

Does any body use the tools provide by PayPal?
i mean that is what they are there for, for example:

The Customer service message
Create a personalised message for customer disputes.

You can find this in your profile under "Selling Tools", we use it and it has help prevent the few charge backs that may have gone through due to misunderstandings etc. The customer see this right before placing a charge back, and it is a nice way to communicate with your clients offering a way to resolve any issues or simply offer a refund before they escalate it to a charge back.
__________________
DBH Web | 2 BUCK HOST | WHT Member Since 2002. | DBH Internet Enterprises.
LiteSpeed, cPanel, Fully Managed WordPress, CloudLinux, DDoS Protection, Daily Backups, RAID 10 Pure SSD, Premium Network, 24/7 Support, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee. Over 15 years experience in the Web Hosting Industry.
 
 


Old
  Post #24 (permalink)   03-26-2016, 05:05 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 759
Send a message via AIM to cheapdedicated Send a message via Yahoo to cheapdedicated Send a message via Skype™ to cheapdedicated

Status: cheapdedicated is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBH Web View Post
This is what I posted in another forum on the same subject.

Does any body use the tools provide by PayPal?
i mean that is what they are there for, for example:

The Customer service message
Create a personalised message for customer disputes.

You can find this in your profile under "Selling Tools", we use it and it has help prevent the few charge backs that may have gone through due to misunderstandings etc. The customer see this right before placing a charge back, and it is a nice way to communicate with your clients offering a way to resolve any issues or simply offer a refund before they escalate it to a charge back.
It helps with a client who wants a solution but sometimes a client will ask for a chargeback without even opening a single support ticket!
__________________
Techsys Ltd | Dedicated Servers | V.P.S | Free Plesk Panel
G8 Servers cPanel Reseller VPS Reseller Dedicated Server Resellers

G8 Host Cheap Domains | Shared Hosting | SSL
 
 
 


Old
  Post #25 (permalink)   03-26-2016, 05:12 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 31

Status: DBH Web is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapdedicated View Post
It helps with a client who wants a solution but sometimes a client will ask for a chargeback without even opening a single support ticket!
Totally understand what you are saying, but if the client goes straight for the chargeback at PayPal they are directed to this customer message first so they will see it no matter what and as I said it normally is enough to prevent the chargeback and give you and the client time to either arrange a refund or discuss the matter further and hopefully come to an arrangement that you are both happy with.
__________________
DBH Web | 2 BUCK HOST | WHT Member Since 2002. | DBH Internet Enterprises.
LiteSpeed, cPanel, Fully Managed WordPress, CloudLinux, DDoS Protection, Daily Backups, RAID 10 Pure SSD, Premium Network, 24/7 Support, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee. Over 15 years experience in the Web Hosting Industry.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #26 (permalink)   03-26-2016, 12:48 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,821
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBH Web View Post
Totally understand what you are saying, but if the client goes straight for the chargeback at PayPal they are directed to this customer message first so they will see it no matter what and as I said it normally is enough to prevent the chargeback and give you and the client time to either arrange a refund or discuss the matter further and hopefully come to an arrangement that you are both happy with.
but if a client goes straight for a chargeback without making contact with you first then a message wont do anything as they have already decided not to contact you.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #27 (permalink)   03-26-2016, 04:58 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 31

Status: DBH Web is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
but if a client goes straight for a chargeback without making contact with you first then a message wont do anything as they have already decided not to contact you.
Well all I can say is it works for us and others that I have suggested it to have said that it is working for them.

Why not give it a try if it doesn't work then it won't matter because it doesn't cost you anything and if it does work then problem solved
__________________
DBH Web | 2 BUCK HOST | WHT Member Since 2002. | DBH Internet Enterprises.
LiteSpeed, cPanel, Fully Managed WordPress, CloudLinux, DDoS Protection, Daily Backups, RAID 10 Pure SSD, Premium Network, 24/7 Support, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee. Over 15 years experience in the Web Hosting Industry.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #28 (permalink)   03-28-2016, 02:21 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 759
Send a message via AIM to cheapdedicated Send a message via Yahoo to cheapdedicated Send a message via Skype™ to cheapdedicated

Status: cheapdedicated is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
but if a client goes straight for a chargeback without making contact with you first then a message wont do anything as they have already decided not to contact you.
Exactly my point. Such a client has made up their mind they want money NOT support. The only message that will stop them may be is a link to request an instant unconditional refund.
__________________
Techsys Ltd | Dedicated Servers | V.P.S | Free Plesk Panel
G8 Servers cPanel Reseller VPS Reseller Dedicated Server Resellers

G8 Host Cheap Domains | Shared Hosting | SSL
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to cheapdedicated For This Useful Post:
easyhostmedia (03-28-2016)


Old
  Post #29 (permalink)   03-28-2016, 02:42 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 31

Status: DBH Web is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapdedicated View Post
Exactly my point. Such a client has made up their mind they want money NOT support. The only message that will stop them may be is a link to request an instant unconditional refund.
That is exactly what is in the message we use, it has a link to our account department and a link for a refund thus avoiding a chargeback. if they click the link for the account department it gives you an opportunity to resolve the issue avoiding both a refund or chargeback if they click the link for the refund at least you avoid a chargeback.
__________________
DBH Web | 2 BUCK HOST | WHT Member Since 2002. | DBH Internet Enterprises.
LiteSpeed, cPanel, Fully Managed WordPress, CloudLinux, DDoS Protection, Daily Backups, RAID 10 Pure SSD, Premium Network, 24/7 Support, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee. Over 15 years experience in the Web Hosting Industry.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #30 (permalink)   03-28-2016, 02:52 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 759
Send a message via AIM to cheapdedicated Send a message via Yahoo to cheapdedicated Send a message via Skype™ to cheapdedicated

Status: cheapdedicated is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBH Web View Post
That is exactly what is in the message we use, it has a link to our account department and a link for a refund thus avoiding a chargeback. if they click the link for the account department it gives you an opportunity to resolve the issue avoiding both a refund or chargeback if they click the link for the refund at least you avoid a chargeback.
In that context I think It might help.
__________________
Techsys Ltd | Dedicated Servers | V.P.S | Free Plesk Panel
G8 Servers cPanel Reseller VPS Reseller Dedicated Server Resellers

G8 Host Cheap Domains | Shared Hosting | SSL
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: