Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

Hosting Discussion > Operating a Web Hosting Business > Billing and Accounting > Ditched Paypal.. Need Reliable and Accessible Proccessor
forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #31 (permalink)   05-19-2016, 12:09 PM
HD Master
 
whmcsguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 285
Send a message via Skype™ to whmcsguru

Status: whmcsguru is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
I can tell you there are places that "survive" without offering PP at all.
Not in this industry there aren't.
__________________
WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to your WHMCS install!
WHMCS User and IP Extended Control - Take control of your WHMCS install
Linux admin, WHMCS Guru for hire. PM me for more information
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to whmcsguru For This Useful Post:
easyhostmedia (05-19-2016)


Old
  Post #32 (permalink)   05-19-2016, 12:21 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,950
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
To add everyone loses sales if they don't have xyz payment method
i never stated add everyone.

these are the 3 main ones any host should offer at the least


1) paypal
2) a credit card processor - such as stripe
3) direct debit/money order
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #33 (permalink)   05-19-2016, 03:46 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 140

Status: Harv45 is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by whmcsguru View Post
Not in this industry there aren't.
There is a hosting hardware supplier that strictly does not accept PP. Only direct Credit Cards or Debit Cards.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #34 (permalink)   05-20-2016, 07:18 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 756
Send a message via AIM to cheapdedicated Send a message via Yahoo to cheapdedicated Send a message via Skype™ to cheapdedicated

Status: cheapdedicated is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
There is a hosting hardware supplier that strictly does not accept PP. Only direct Credit Cards or Debit Cards.
PP is monster you just cant get away with especially for the beginning small dogs. 90% of the clients will not want to trust you with their credit cards and will trust PP over most of the other processors. Your hands are virtually tied.
__________________
Techsys Ltd | Dedicated Servers | V.P.S | Free Plesk Panel
G8 Servers cPanel Reseller VPS Reseller Dedicated Server Resellers

G8 Host Cheap Domains | Shared Hosting | SSL
 
 
 


Old
  Post #35 (permalink)   05-20-2016, 11:21 AM
HD Master
 
whmcsguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 285
Send a message via Skype™ to whmcsguru

Status: whmcsguru is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
There is a hosting hardware supplier that strictly does not accept PP. Only direct Credit Cards or Debit Cards.
Not even remotely the same thing.
In the hosting industry, you don't get to not accept paypal. It's a requirement. Hardware vendors often don't, because of the massive liability when dealing with these types of orders.
__________________
WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to your WHMCS install!
WHMCS User and IP Extended Control - Take control of your WHMCS install
Linux admin, WHMCS Guru for hire. PM me for more information
 
 
 


Old
  Post #36 (permalink)   05-20-2016, 12:57 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 140

Status: Harv45 is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by whmcsguru View Post
Not even remotely the same thing.
In the hosting industry, you don't get to not accept paypal. It's a requirement. Hardware vendors often don't, because of the massive liability when dealing with these types of orders.
Why should we deal with the same liability then? If larger payments sums can't be trusted with Paypal then why should we trust our smaller sums to them?

Also for FYI it a free market, enough said.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #37 (permalink)   05-20-2016, 03:01 PM
HD Master
 
whmcsguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 285
Send a message via Skype™ to whmcsguru

Status: whmcsguru is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
Why should we deal with the same liability then?
Because Paypal is the norm, it's the standard. If you're not going to accept it, then you're not going to get any business worth keeping. It really is just that simple.

The point of Paypal is that you don't have to give your credit card information , or banking information to a small time host, like yourself. These are often scammers, and in this case it provides a layer of security for both the customer and Paypal's client.

Everyone else has said the same, exact thing. If you want to continue to be a know it all, feel free. Shoot yourself in the foot, lose your business. Clients simply won't trust you if you don't have PayPal, and rightly so. End of story.
__________________
WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to your WHMCS install!
WHMCS User and IP Extended Control - Take control of your WHMCS install
Linux admin, WHMCS Guru for hire. PM me for more information
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to whmcsguru For This Useful Post:
easyhostmedia (05-20-2016)


Old
  Post #38 (permalink)   05-20-2016, 03:26 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,950
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
Why should we deal with the same liability then? If larger payments sums can't be trusted with Paypal then why should we trust our smaller sums to them?

Also for FYI it a free market, enough said.
Yes a free market, that it is the norm to have paypal as a payment method.

Your clients should have the freedom to chose who they want to pay with and if you don't offer paypal then you have taken that away from them, so no longer a free market for your clients.

It is a case of offering a selection of payment options for your clients to chose from.

we have 2 options that so far clients have not used, but these options are available incase new clients want to use them. These eat no meat being made available
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #39 (permalink)   05-20-2016, 03:40 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 140

Status: Harv45 is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by whmcsguru View Post
Because Paypal is the norm, it's the standard. If you're not going to accept it, then you're not going to get any business worth keeping. It really is just that simple.

The point of Paypal is that you don't have to give your credit card information , or banking information to a small time host, like yourself. These are often scammers, and in this case it provides a layer of security for both the customer and Paypal's client.

Paypal is no way "bulletproof", in fact a Minecraft user lost over $200 due to disputes that were closed within the SAME day without his chance.

Just because something is a "norm" doesn't makes it a instantly "good way to go".

Logically the processor is more messed up than it worth enduring (random closure of disputes, unexplained SSN incident, and random subs cancellations).

As long your not a "genius" whose take in payments in house. I see no problems letting your clients aware that an alternative 3rd party processor is used (linking back to the website and inferring who they are can helps as well).
 
 
 


Old
  Post #40 (permalink)   05-20-2016, 03:50 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,950
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
Paypal is no way "bulletproof", in fact a Minecraft user lost over $200 due to disputes that were closed within the SAME day without his chance.
The same can be said of Stripe, 2checkout, authorize etc. they all will close disputes if a transaction has been fraudulent and you as a seller has no say and will lose the money.

yes nothing wrong in letting clients know of other payment methods you offer. It is easier to do this now as you can now pass on any processing fees direct to clients, so you can inform clients which payment method would be cheaper for them
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #41 (permalink)   05-20-2016, 04:00 PM
HD Master
 
whmcsguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 285
Send a message via Skype™ to whmcsguru

Status: whmcsguru is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
Paypal is no way "bulletproof", in fact a Minecraft user lost over $200 due to disputes that were closed within the SAME day without his chance.
Nobody said it was. That's not the issue here, though.

The issue is you and your attitude towards Paypal. Just because you've had some issues with them, and don't want to take the time to correct them doesn't mean it's Paypal's fault

I've had processors side against me as well, that point is moot. If you deal with the client in a professional manner, you won't have chargebacks, providing you do your job and ensure that the order is legitimate.

You wouldn't stop taking credit cards, simply because you had a client launch a chargeback. The same, exact thinking applies to paypal. Get out there and do whatever needs to be done to maintain your paypal account, or just give up your hosting business.
__________________
WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to your WHMCS install!
WHMCS User and IP Extended Control - Take control of your WHMCS install
Linux admin, WHMCS Guru for hire. PM me for more information
 
 
 


Old
  Post #42 (permalink)   05-20-2016, 04:38 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 140

Status: Harv45 is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
The same can be said of Stripe, 2checkout, authorize etc. they all will close disputes if a transaction has been fraudulent and you as a seller has no say and will lose the money.

yes nothing wrong in letting clients know of other payment methods you offer. It is easier to do this now as you can now pass on any processing fees direct to clients, so you can inform clients which payment method would be cheaper for them
Thanks you I shall let that guy know that why that happened.

Absolutely there are some positive of exploring alternative options (not limited to but possibly more affordable processing). That is why I don't understand why people are so "glued" to Paypal is a "MUST HAVE" and that "you won't get anywhere" if it not offered.

At the end of the day it how you market your servicing, how hard it is find that servicing elsewhere, and etc. If good enough some whose have CCs on PP may consider the servicing even if they don't have PP.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #43 (permalink)   05-20-2016, 04:45 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,950
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
That is why I don't understand why people are so "glued" to Paypal is a "MUST HAVE" and that "you won't get anywhere" if it not offered.
It all falls back to a simple website called eBay and when they owned paypal and it was the only payment option eBay allowed and still only allows. now everyone is that used to paypal, so they have the biggest market share.

Now it is the most common used payment gateway used in the hosting industry due to their intangible goods policy.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #44 (permalink)   05-20-2016, 06:30 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 140

Status: Harv45 is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
It all falls back to a simple website called eBay and when they owned paypal and it was the only payment option eBay allowed and still only allows. now everyone is that used to paypal, so they have the biggest market share.

Now it is the most common used payment gateway used in the hosting industry due to their intangible goods policy.
Interesting "back story" I did remember that "big news" when they part ways. I can understand why they would have that largest market share.

Although that doesn't means you are "required" to offer Paypal. Will you get less an audience? Sure but as the saying goes "you can't please everyone".
 
 
 


Old
  Post #45 (permalink)   05-23-2016, 03:41 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 34

Status: Shock Hosting is offline
I would also recommend accepting Bitcoin.

Awesome payment method!
__________________
Shock Hosting | High quality hosting at an affordable price!
LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | Softaculous | New Jersey & Los Angeles
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: