Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #1 (permalink)   01-11-2013, 07:57 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 164

Status: web3k is offline
ChatXbox - chatxbox.com

We started working on this Xbox news and fan site early last year, however we've not had a lot of time for our own projects as customer websites get preference.

The site is based on wordpress with a custom template, contains a few postings, content and rss feeds. We've also integrated phpBB and the template together. We had also planned to integrate a wiki for user generated content, however didn't get this far.

We had also considered integrating a shopping cart, or at the very least a catalog where you could use affiliate and referral programs to generate some revenue.

There's been no SEO work done, so you'll be starting with a blank canvas. It has all the characteristics of being a potentially great site and an income earner with google adwords and affiliate programs.

We really don't have the time to develop this any further and are willing to let it go for $150.00 (USD), which we think is a bargain given the work and time that's gone into it.

We are going to list it on Flippa eventually, but thought we'd give the WHT community a chance at it first.
__________________
Web3k - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names
 
 
 


Old
  Post #2 (permalink)   01-12-2013, 04:34 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,989
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by web3k View Post

The site is based on wordpress with a custom template, contains a few postings, content and rss feeds.
Reds Evolution is not a custom theme and the only posting is a one saying the domain is for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by web3k View Post
We had also planned to integrate a wiki for user generated content, however didn't get this far.
Exactly you Planned this and not done this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by web3k View Post
We had also considered integrating a shopping cart, or at the very least a catalog where you could use affiliate and referral programs to generate some revenue.
Again this has not been completed and was only considered. you can't expect extra just because you considered or was thinking of addiong extra features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by web3k View Post
There's been no SEO work done, so you'll be starting with a blank canvas.
exactly its just a blank forum without content or SEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by web3k View Post
We really don't have the time to develop this any further and are willing to let it go for $150.00 (USD), which we think is a bargain given the work and time that's gone into it.
dont see much work in this, not $150 worth of work. Maybe $20 + the domain cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by web3k View Post
but thought we'd give the WHT community a chance at it first.
this is HD and not WHT

i would be willing to give you $20 + the domain cost.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #3 (permalink)   01-13-2013, 03:38 AM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 164

Status: web3k is offline
Thanks for your offer Terry.

It would seem you're clearly interested, however we have different views on what we believe the site is worth, so in this instance I'll be refusing your offer.

Good luck in your future endeavors.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   01-13-2013, 04:15 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,989
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
i still dont think its worth $150

WP is free and can be installed in seconds using installers like softaculous
the template you used Red Evo Aphelion is also free from http://www.redevolution.com/download...for-wordpress/
the site has no content or SEO, so just a blank WP forum that anyone can set up within a few minutes, so that just leaves the domain name. so my offer seems a fair offer for what is available.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #5 (permalink)   01-15-2013, 07:06 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,767

Status: Artashes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
i still dont think its worth $150
To you. Someone else might disagree.

The market will dictate what this website is worth. If your offer stands and was refused by the seller, there is no need to discuss it further.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #6 (permalink)   01-17-2013, 04:17 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,989
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
To you. Someone else might disagree.

The market will dictate what this website is worth. If your offer stands and was refused by the seller, there is no need to discuss it further.
Maybe but as the OP states

Quote:
Originally Posted by web3k View Post

The site is based on wordpress with a custom template, contains a few postings, content and rss feeds. We've also integrated phpBB and the template together. We had also planned to integrate a wiki for user generated content, however didn't get this far.
Its a free available template and not a custom template and also their is no posts/content and just because he was planning to add a wiki does not add any value to what he is offering.

so all he is offering is a blank forum with a domain.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #7 (permalink)   01-18-2013, 04:15 AM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 164

Status: web3k is offline
Clearly I'm not the only numpty here.....

Sure, I got the link wrong in the url (chatbox vs chatxbox), though for those paying attention, would have noticed that the link doesn't match the text. Clearly I wasn't paying attention, my bad.

I'd edit the post, but as I don't have access and to correct my error, the actual link to the site is: www.chatxbox.com

Thanks for the ongoing feedback and commentary Terry. You were very thorough in your postings, though like myself, not thorough enough.

My position of refusing your initial offer still stands.
__________________
Web3k - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names
 
 
 


Old
  Post #8 (permalink)   01-18-2013, 06:49 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,989
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by web3k View Post
Clearly I'm not the only numpty here.....

Sure, I got the link wrong in the url (chatbox vs chatxbox), though for those paying attention, would have noticed that the link doesn't match the text. Clearly I wasn't paying attention, my bad.

I'd edit the post, but as I don't have access and to correct my error, the actual link to the site is: www.chatxbox.com

Thanks for the ongoing feedback and commentary Terry. You were very thorough in your postings, though like myself, not thorough enough.

My position of refusing your initial offer still stands.

my comments were for http://chatbox.com/ which is the link you gave in the original post, which are fair to that domain/site.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #9 (permalink)   01-18-2013, 07:13 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 164

Status: web3k is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
my comments were for http://chatbox.com/ which is the link you gave in the original post, which are fair to that domain/site.
Agreed, fair for that site. However it is not the site I'm selling and thus my expected price of $150 for chatxbox.com remains unchanged.
__________________
Web3k - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names
 
 
 


Old
  Post #10 (permalink)   01-19-2013, 07:40 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,767

Status: Artashes is offline
Glad you pointed out the correct URL. I have updated the URL in the original post.
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: