Hosting Discussion

Hosting Discussion (http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/)
-   Customer Service and Support Issues (http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/customer-service-support-issues/)
-   -   Do you consider live chat an asset? (http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/customer-service-support-issues/44182-do-you-consider-live-chat-asset.html)


HostaPolis 03-09-2017 11:42 PM

Do you consider live chat an asset?
 
I have been wondering this for some time. I am on the fence of whether or not I should use it myself. I see the benefits of having it but it will just be another thing that adds weight to my site.

Do you think having a live chat is an asset worth having or is it something I should just pass on?

ikalf 03-10-2017 03:55 AM

Why not. It's always good to have something like this. Especially if you have a lot of clients and they are opening tickets like crazy.

Artashes 03-10-2017 07:16 AM

In short, yes, a live chat is considered to be a customer benefit.

I am not sure what you mean by it adding "weight" to your website though as there are plenty quick and light solutions on the market.

My suggestion, however, is not to offer a live chat if you do not know what kind of chat it is going to be (sales/support/etc) OR if you don't have the resources to make sure someone is always there to respond. Nothing will spoil the first impression and the reputation of your company as a dead chat, especially during work hours. It can get worse if clients experience it repeatedly.

Another point is to understand how that live chat will work within your system. How will it be integrated into your CRM? Will it even be integrated? Imagine how many people might opt to contact you with a sales question over a chat rather than email. Are you ready to let all these potential leads just go, without an opportunity to follow up? If not, then you have to plan for how these will be recorded into your system.

SenseiSteve 03-10-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artashes (Post 198294)
In short, yes, a live chat is considered to be a customer benefit.

I am not sure what you mean by it adding "weight" to your website though as there are plenty quick and light solutions on the market.

My suggestion, however, is not to offer a live chat if you do not know what kind of chat it is going to be (sales/support/etc) OR if you don't have the resources to make sure someone is always there to respond. Nothing will spoil the first impression and the reputation of your company as a dead chat, especially during work hours. It can get worse if clients experience it repeatedly.

Another point is to understand how that live chat will work within your system. How will it be integrated into your CRM? Will it even be integrated? Imagine how many people might opt to contact you with a sales question over a chat rather than email. Are you ready to let all these potential leads just go, without an opportunity to follow up? If not, then you have to plan for how these will be recorded into your system.

I agree with Artashes here. Why leave anything on the table for your competition? Prospects look for live chat quite often before they commit to purchasing web hosting packages.

easyhostmedia 03-10-2017 12:39 PM

i always look for a live chat when i am looking for new servers and then i will always ask a question over live that to

1) To see how quick they reply.
2) To see if they can answer a simple support question.

i will then look for a pre sales support system and then ask a simple question to see how quick they reply to this.

HostaPolis 03-11-2017 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artashes (Post 198294)
In short, yes, a live chat is considered to be a customer benefit.

I am not sure what you mean by it adding "weight" to your website though as there are plenty quick and light solutions on the market.

My suggestion, however, is not to offer a live chat if you do not know what kind of chat it is going to be (sales/support/etc) OR if you don't have the resources to make sure someone is always there to respond. Nothing will spoil the first impression and the reputation of your company as a dead chat, especially during work hours. It can get worse if clients experience it repeatedly.

Another point is to understand how that live chat will work within your system. How will it be integrated into your CRM? Will it even be integrated? Imagine how many people might opt to contact you with a sales question over a chat rather than email. Are you ready to let all these potential leads just go, without an opportunity to follow up? If not, then you have to plan for how these will be recorded into your system.

I just meant making it feel heavy/look heavy. One of my main concerns is that if I were to use one of the automated bot systems, it wouldn't be useful for the possible client. Obviously the best chat support would be 24/7 like I have on some of my sites with real people but it isn't something I can afford right now for the site I am debating on. You have made some good points I will be considering for sure.

HostaPolis 03-11-2017 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easyhostmedia (Post 198299)
i always look for a live chat when i am looking for new servers and then i will always ask a question over live that to

1) To see how quick they reply.
2) To see if they can answer a simple support question.

i will then look for a pre sales support system and then ask a simple question to see how quick they reply to this.

Yeah that does make sense. I know on one of my sites it is quite active. I will likely end up having it and just outsourcing to have a few people work underneath me.

Luxin Host 03-11-2017 11:45 AM

Live chat is a good asset to have on any website seen as the customer can get additional level 1 information if they can't seem to find it on the initial site

easyhostmedia 03-11-2017 11:56 AM

These days when most people have mobile phones rather than landlines i would say Live Chat is a major asset to websites as a lot of mobile plans don't include international calls, so how are international clients going to contact you without them racking up huge phone bills.

easyhostmedia 03-11-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HostaPolis (Post 198312)
Obviously the best chat support would be 24/7

Yes the best is to have it running 24/7, but this is not always possible. I use tawk.to on all my sites and i am just a 1 may band, but as long as you do not advertise 24/7 LIVE support then you will be fine and as long as you have support times listed then people know when you will be available.

WPCYCLE 03-11-2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HostaPolis (Post 198277)
I have been wondering this for some time. I am on the fence of whether or not I should use it myself. I see the benefits of having it but it will just be another thing that adds weight to my site.

Do you think having a live chat is an asset worth having or is it something I should just pass on?

Adding weight...depends on what system you use. Every system is going to add at least one second to your time. If the website is able to load quickly, then this won't be an issue.

An asset...yes. It's a perfect tool for pre-sales AND it's very useful if a support issue either needs real-time contact with a customer, or direct clarification to prevent the issue from spanning to multiple responses.

LowVMFree 03-12-2017 03:28 AM

I used Live chat only one time and then remove it because of lot of chatting request was coming and customer were ask me to solve technical issue over livechat.

lol.

easyhostmedia 03-12-2017 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowVMFree (Post 198372)
I used Live chat only one time and then remove it because of lot of chatting request was coming and customer were ask me to solve technical issue over livechat.

lol.

all you tell your clients is to submit a ticket for technical issues and any good client will do that.

WPCYCLE 03-12-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easyhostmedia (Post 198378)
all you tell your clients is to submit a ticket for technical issues and any good client will do that.

True. Even the larger hosts do this.

The customer will come on to chat and they will help for about 5 minutes, and then say this will take longer to resolve, and will open a ticket on behalf of the client. They may include the chat conversation in the ticket or copy your initial question into the ticket.

easyhostmedia 03-12-2017 01:54 PM

far better to get a client to use support tickets from their clientarea as

1) it logs the ticket and issue against the clients account.

2) It makes it far easier to follow the issue.

3) It provides a point for the client to refer back too if they get the same issue in the future


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.1.0