Clook Internet Ltd (www.clook.co.uk
) is currently seeking talented individuals to join our existing customer support team of SuperTechs!
Workload varies throughout the day but with the majority of clients being UK based, our busiest time is around 9am GMT - 5pm GMT weekdays. We operate 24/7 support and server monitoring, so even if the helpdesk is quiet it's essential that full coverage is still there both for tickets and reactions to server monitoring alerts.
* Candidate must have extremely good (and in-depth) knowledge of the cPanel (including WHM) control panel from the administrator, reseller and end-user perspectives. SuperTechs are required to know the ins and outs of the control panels and the quirks they can possess. Moderate knowledge of rvSkin and Fantastico is also required.
* Experience with Virtuozzo is a bonus.
* Working via command line (SSH) in a root environment is essential. This includes general server administration and troubleshooting of the various services of a cPanel server (we use CentOS + cPanel throughout).
* Candidate should be friendly, trustworthy and honest. When you are dealing with our customers we won’t accept anything less than friendly, professional and courteous contact which we hope goes without saying.
* Proactive - this is where you are not just looking for the 'quick fix' on problems and are prepared to stick with it and do whatever required to completion and this is the point on which many techs don't make the grade to 'SuperTech'! For example, if a customer has a problem with their email which looks to be a problem with their outlook settings, a normal tech may respond with "Please check your outlook settings are all correct". A SuperTech will respond with questions related to error messages and asking what settings are in place so that they can provide the details of what settings are incorrect and what those settings should be.
* Fluent in English - self explanatory.
* Candidate must be willing and able to provide support via our online helpdesk (Kayako eSupport) and our community forum. Good telephone manner and willingness to provide support via telephone (equipment provided) is essential.
* Reliable - we have got a reputation for providing quick and effective support so if a ticket comes in during your designated shift you will be expected to be onto it quickly (assuming nothing else is taking up your time such as another ticket or server alert). Similarly, if our monitoring alerts of a server problem, a SuperTech will be expected to be straight on to it. Shifts will be arranged and those working expected to stick to them.
* Although not totally essential it is an advantage to have references from other companies in the web hosting field (these will be checked).
If you are interested, this is the time to sell yourself to us (show us that you are a SuperTech and not just a regular tech). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
making sure to provide the following information (emails not including this info will be put to the bottom of the queue):
- full name
- contact details (aim, phone, forum usernames, etc.)
- location (country and timezone)
- times/days available for work
- desired rates/schedule of pay/salary
- resume and references (if applicable)
- why we should hire you, what are your strong points, weak points, etc - SELL YOURSELF & CONVINCE US YOU'RE THE BEST FOR THIS JOB!
Responses to this advertisement sent to us via forum private messages or instant messages will be discarded. Also, we're not looking for outsourced support or server management companies. If you’re unsure about anything feel free to email to ask about it before sending your application email. Everything is best done via email.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and please email the address above if you have any questions or would like to submit your application.