Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #1 (permalink)   06-14-2008, 04:55 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,814

Status: Artashes is offline
On my server, Awstats have been playing games with me: not updating and missing data on several occasions. Now it seems that it is a routine - and they never update on their own. And even when I do click "Update now" link, Awstats would only read recent data and would "skip/miss" on more older data.

What can be the cause and what is the potential resolution to this issue? I just can't believe that Awstats can suddenly act up after years of smooth performance. Something must be causing it!
 
 
 


Old
  Post #2 (permalink)   07-26-2008, 01:49 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4

Status: thientu83 is offline
Yah, i have the same problem too.....Can anyone help.....I was using a share hosting account.....but my awstat wont update...
 
 
 


Old
  Post #3 (permalink)   07-26-2008, 01:52 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 84

Status: Hostlayer is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by thientu83 View Post
Yah, i have the same problem too.....Can anyone help.....I was using a share hosting account.....but my awstat wont update...
If your on a shared account you need to contact your host.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   07-26-2008, 02:27 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,814

Status: Artashes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by HL-James View Post
If your on a shared account you need to contact your host.
But what would a host do? What I am curious about is the technical solution to this ongoing problem.

My hosting provider has been updating some logs manually but the problem keeps coming back. It is driving me nuts!
 
 
 


Old
  Post #5 (permalink)   07-27-2008, 03:32 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 33

Status: webcs is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
On my server, Awstats have been playing games with me: not updating and missing data on several occasions. Now it seems that it is a routine - and they never update on their own. And even when I do click "Update now" link, Awstats would only read recent data and would "skip/miss" on more older data.

What can be the cause and what is the potential resolution to this issue? I just can't believe that Awstats can suddenly act up after years of smooth performance. Something must be causing it!
You may be running out of disk space OR your server is running too hot to process log files and jut not doing them. This is actually pretty common. There is also the possibility one or more of your log entries are faulty or are not being entered in the right format, in that event Awstats would again not update.

Have you tried to update Awstats from ROOT (the command line) and have you seen it running? Have you looked to the error log to see if there is anything going on?

thanks
__________________
WEBCS.com - WEBSTER COMPUTING SERVICES
13 years and counting, one of the oldest hosts in the world. Trust, support, performance.
dedicated servers, shared and managed hosting, consulting.
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: