Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #1 (permalink)   08-18-2009, 11:22 PM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, MI USA
Posts: 657
Send a message via AIM to Zachary McClung

Status: Zachary McClung is offline
Hello All,

Lately, I have been finding myself more stress and I am curious what you all do to relieve that stress? Before I added on 40 lbs and feel like a smoker of 20 years when exercising, I use to run and bike for miles.

At one point, I was keeping pace with sub 5 minute miles for seven straight miles. When I would run after about the third mile the stress would be gone and my mind would be clear and alert. Then I would have to worry about animals and dogs at the night eating me (hey you never know it could happen).

When not running, I would often ride my bike for 10 to 15 miles at a time. It was very relaxing. How about you?
__________________
Zachary McClung, Sales & Marketing Manager - Need a Quote? E: zach@jaguarpc.com
JaguarPC.com - Managed VPS Hosting
Resellerzoom.com -Cpanel Reseller hosting
modVPS.com - Unmanaged VPS | Multiple Locations | Since 1998
 
 
 


Old
  Post #2 (permalink)   08-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 25

Status: Whirly is offline
I normally jog as well. I would jog for an hour and that really helps relieve the stress.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #3 (permalink)   08-19-2009, 01:03 AM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 220

Status: rumsfo is offline
Sleeping. I assume that is the best thing I can do for relax
__________________
?Want FREE Windows 7 UE or Zune HD 32GB? - We will give it!
learn more how to get it...
****** Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization
 
 
 


Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   08-19-2009, 01:19 AM
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 25

Status: Whirly is offline
Oops i forgot sleeping too
 
 
 


Old
  Post #5 (permalink)   08-19-2009, 08:13 AM
HD Wizard
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,264

Status: handsonhosting is offline
I guess there's four or five things that I do on a regular basis to keep my sanity;

I ride horses, or even just spend time with them.
I go for a motorcycle rides
I smoke cigars (but I do that all the time)
I golf
I drive (LOVE driving, and would drive rather than fly if I have the time)
Gardening is also a great form of therapy.
__________________
Emerson Nogueira
http://www.HandsOnWebHosting.com
cPanel Web Hosting, Domain Registration, Managed VPS Servers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #6 (permalink)   08-19-2009, 08:18 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, MI USA
Posts: 657
Send a message via AIM to Zachary McClung

Status: Zachary McClung is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsonhosting View Post
I guess there's four or five things that I do on a regular basis to keep my sanity;

I ride horses, or even just spend time with them.
I go for a motorcycle rides
I smoke cigars (but I do that all the time)
I golf
I drive (LOVE driving, and would drive rather than fly if I have the time)
Gardening is also a great form of therapy.
cowboy, motorcycle driving, cigar smoking, web hosting owner. Wow...you are multi talented. Horses are a good time.
__________________
Zachary McClung, Sales & Marketing Manager - Need a Quote? E: zach@jaguarpc.com
JaguarPC.com - Managed VPS Hosting
Resellerzoom.com -Cpanel Reseller hosting
modVPS.com - Unmanaged VPS | Multiple Locations | Since 1998
 
 
 


Old
  Post #7 (permalink)   08-19-2009, 08:34 AM
HD Community Advisor
 
SenseiSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 4,975
Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve

Status: SenseiSteve is offline
To relax
I swim, but the season will be over soon
I play racquetball
I dirt bike
I exercise - dead weights, various machines
I don't run much anymore - I once figured out that I had run over 10,000 miles by the time I was 29. (You run a lot in the Marine Corps)
I play soccer, tetherball, volleyball and wiffleball with the family
I play Madden NFL 2009 on my Wii - franchise mode (The Rams have won every SuperBowl since I took over the reins).
And I love to watch our favorite TV shows and movies with my wife, Sami.
__________________
ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #8 (permalink)   08-19-2009, 08:39 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, MI USA
Posts: 657
Send a message via AIM to Zachary McClung

Status: Zachary McClung is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-Hostirian View Post
I play Madden NFL 2009 on my Wii - franchise mode (The Rams have won
Is there possibly some cheating or secret player trades going on? Its funny because in NCAA Dynasty mode the Spartans always win the National Championship too on mine.
__________________
Zachary McClung, Sales & Marketing Manager - Need a Quote? E: zach@jaguarpc.com
JaguarPC.com - Managed VPS Hosting
Resellerzoom.com -Cpanel Reseller hosting
modVPS.com - Unmanaged VPS | Multiple Locations | Since 1998
 
 
 


Old
  Post #9 (permalink)   08-19-2009, 08:40 AM
HD Wizard
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,264

Status: handsonhosting is offline
As you can see, EVERYTHING I do is outside and away from these monitors! Also, much of what I do for relaxation is alone so I don't have to worry about communication. For a while I lived on a few acres and had horses in my back yard (well the back 5 acres anyway). They're very similar to dogs in how they can read a person.

Sturgis 70th year aniversary is next year (july) - I plan to head up there to the other 500,000+ bikers. The 60th aniversary brought between 550,000 and 630,000 people. I'm sure the 70th aniversary will drive similar numbers.
__________________
Emerson Nogueira
http://www.HandsOnWebHosting.com
cPanel Web Hosting, Domain Registration, Managed VPS Servers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #10 (permalink)   08-19-2009, 08:45 AM
HD Community Advisor
 
SenseiSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 4,975
Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve

Status: SenseiSteve is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary McClung View Post
Hello All,

Lately, I have been finding myself more stress and I am curious what you all do to relieve that stress? Before I added on 40 lbs and feel like a smoker of 20 years when exercising, I use to run and bike for miles.

At one point, I was keeping pace with sub 5 minute miles for seven straight miles. When I would run after about the third mile the stress would be gone and my mind would be clear and alert. Then I would have to worry about animals and dogs at the night eating me (hey you never know it could happen).

When not running, I would often ride my bike for 10 to 15 miles at a time. It was very relaxing. How about you?
Now that's an impressive pace at sub 5 minute miles for seven miles. I never ran better than a sub 6 minute pace for that distance. When I was in Okinawa, I trained with a Sergeant who ran a sub 5 minute pace - but I rode my ten speed to keep up. LOL. Later, in Hawaii he attempted to run 100 miles straight, but had to stop after 80+ miles - ankle problems.
__________________
ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #11 (permalink)   08-19-2009, 08:50 AM
HD Community Advisor
 
SenseiSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 4,975
Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve

Status: SenseiSteve is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsonhosting View Post

Sturgis 70th year aniversary is next year (july) - I plan to head up there to the other 500,000+ bikers. The 60th aniversary brought between 550,000 and 630,000 people. I'm sure the 70th aniversary will drive similar numbers.
Now I'm envious - wish I was making that trip. The other big event I wish I could go to is the annual Oshkosh Fly-In. Have never been to either.
__________________
ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #12 (permalink)   08-19-2009, 08:50 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, MI USA
Posts: 657
Send a message via AIM to Zachary McClung

Status: Zachary McClung is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsonhosting View Post
As you can see, EVERYTHING I do is outside and away from these monitors! Also, much of what I do for relaxation is alone so I don't have to worry about communication. For a while I lived on a few acres and had horses in my back yard (well the back 5 acres anyway). They're very similar to dogs in how they can read a person.

Sturgis 70th year aniversary is next year (july) - I plan to head up there to the other 500,000+ bikers. The 60th aniversary brought between 550,000 and 630,000 people. I'm sure the 70th aniversary will drive similar numbers.
All of those things you could take a friend along with too. I enjoy golfing but only usually stick to the driving range. It is a pain in the ass to go search for a ball when you didn't see where it went. Gold definitely is a rough sport for the blind. Going to have to get a caddy so I can go pro. The Blind Golf league.

That is very interesting that horses have the same sense as dogs. Oreo I'm sure felt like I was going to kill her when she woke me up at 4:30 am this morning. She had her front paws right next to my head staring at me. Like you going to get up.
__________________
Zachary McClung, Sales & Marketing Manager - Need a Quote? E: zach@jaguarpc.com
JaguarPC.com - Managed VPS Hosting
Resellerzoom.com -Cpanel Reseller hosting
modVPS.com - Unmanaged VPS | Multiple Locations | Since 1998
 
 
 


Old
  Post #13 (permalink)   08-19-2009, 08:53 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, MI USA
Posts: 657
Send a message via AIM to Zachary McClung

Status: Zachary McClung is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-Hostirian View Post
Now that's an impressive pace at sub 5 minute miles for seven miles. I never ran better than a sub 6 minute pace for that distance. When I was in Okinawa, I trained with a Sergeant who ran a sub 5 minute pace - but I rode my ten speed to keep up. LOL. Later, in Hawaii he attempted to run 100 miles straight, but had to stop after 80+ miles - ankle problems.
I loved running, I was also very small and compact. Good for running. Back then I was no more than 100 lbs. I could not keep weight on back then. My diet was 3 - 4k calories per day and I couldn't gain weight. It allowed me to run longer for faster because I didn't have the extra lbs on me like the other guys did. I wish I could still do it today.

80 straight miles that is a hell of a run. No need to be a shamed of riding a bike.
__________________
Zachary McClung, Sales & Marketing Manager - Need a Quote? E: zach@jaguarpc.com
JaguarPC.com - Managed VPS Hosting
Resellerzoom.com -Cpanel Reseller hosting
modVPS.com - Unmanaged VPS | Multiple Locations | Since 1998
 
 
 


Old
  Post #14 (permalink)   08-19-2009, 11:07 AM
HD Community Advisor
 
SenseiSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 4,975
Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve

Status: SenseiSteve is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsonhosting View Post

Sturgis 70th year aniversary is next year (july) - I plan to head up there to the other 500,000+ bikers. The 60th aniversary brought between 550,000 and 630,000 people. I'm sure the 70th aniversary will drive similar numbers.
What's your take on this thing? I saw one of these last weekend and wondered how different it would be to ride?
__________________
ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #15 (permalink)   08-19-2009, 12:26 PM
HD Guru
 
HostLeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 874

Status: HostLeet is offline
1. Sleep! (sleeping is so underrated, not many people enjoy a good sleep)
2. Work out at the gym for a few hours
3. I too have found myself quite relaxed when I smoke a fine cigar (I don't smoke them often)
4. SEX
5. MORE SEX
__________________
HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: