Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #31 (permalink)   03-21-2005, 12:35 PM
HD Wizard
 
Exon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: IA
Posts: 1,020
Send a message via ICQ to Exon Send a message via AIM to Exon

Status: Exon is offline
So it sounds like if there's an HD meetup it'll be in Canada eh?
__________________
John "Exon" Pinkerton
jpinkerton@exonnet.net
http://www.ExonNet.net
 
 
 


Old
  Post #32 (permalink)   03-22-2005, 04:08 AM
HD Master
 
pmhoran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 388

Status: pmhoran is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exon
So it sounds like if there's an HD meetup it'll be in Canada eh?
Because Artashes is from Montreal? Or because there are 2 of us from Ontario ? Although Montreal is about a 6 hour drive from here ... don't forget how BIG Ontario actually is. It stetches from Vermont(?) to Minnesota on the west.

If there is ever going to be a "meet up" make it so it will be a tax deductible business trip somehow ... and schedule it in the winter in Hawaii. Even I would attempt to attend that one hahahaha

Peter
 
 
 


Old
  Post #33 (permalink)   03-22-2005, 07:09 AM
HD Wizard
 
Exon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: IA
Posts: 1,020
Send a message via ICQ to Exon Send a message via AIM to Exon

Status: Exon is offline
haha! Hawaii, yeah

No, reason I said that about Canada is because it seems most the people on here are from there.
__________________
John "Exon" Pinkerton
jpinkerton@exonnet.net
http://www.ExonNet.net
 
 
 


Old
  Post #34 (permalink)   03-27-2005, 12:52 AM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 142

Status: niyogi is offline
Never sure how to answer this question...

Born in Chicago, raised in Houston, currently residing in Houston *and* Calcutta, India.

Roj
__________________
Support4Resellers - http://www.support4resellers.com
24x7 End User Support, a Private Helpdesk, and Flash Demos for Resellers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #35 (permalink)   03-27-2005, 01:31 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 73

Status: Fisherman is offline
I have quite a few relatives in Canada and judging by the photo's I've recieved from them, Canada is an absolutely stunning place to live. I'll be taking a holiday there in the next few years hopefully and I definately am looking forward to it.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #36 (permalink)   03-27-2005, 06:10 AM
HD Master
 
pmhoran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 388

Status: pmhoran is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman
I have quite a few relatives in Canada and judging by the photo's I've recieved from them, Canada is an absolutely stunning place to live. I'll be taking a holiday there in the next few years hopefully and I definately am looking forward to it.
I am biased, obviously, but yes, Canada could be considered quite stunning in its scenery .. and its multi-culturalism. Each "area" of the country has its own unique qualities. I have been fortunate enough to have travelled to & through every province and territory ... and I have to admit ... at no time did I find any of it "boring". I even enjoyed travelling through the prairies which everyone had said was miles and miles of the same thing. I guess they just did not look hard enough

Where in Canada are you going to be holidaying in?

Peter

P.S. I have a friend from Canberra who decided to do a "driving tour" of the USA with a quick stop up here to see me for a couple days. He "did up" the New England states ... drove here for the couple days ... went back into the USA and got out to Yellowstone and instead of going south as planned, he decided to head back into Canada for the rest of his vacation crisscrossing the country twice ... coast to coast. His reason ... he really liked the USA ... but he loved Canada He only headed south again when he had to catch his flight in LA to go home again I don't think if he had experienced our winters he would have made the same choices hahahaha.

Last edited by pmhoran : 03-27-2005 at 06:21 AM.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #37 (permalink)   03-27-2005, 08:00 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 73

Status: Fisherman is offline
I think I'll be either heading over to Montreal or Toronto, and staying with some relatives, however I'd imagine it'd be at least one more year before I actually make the trip. I can safely say I'm really looking forward to it.

I've heard that the winters in Canada and the US in particular, can get quite hectic. Our winters aren't really that bad, but our summers can be quite a scorcher.

The talk of holidays reminds me of my 'holiday dilemma', which resulted in the friends and relatives, that came along, vowing never enter a car again, after six hours on the road. Once we got to the hotel (And I must admit, it was crawling with filth -- nothing like the image on the website), we were told they had a double booking and that we'd have to head back home .. Apparently their computer system crashed and they lost their data, even though they somehow confirmed our booking one or two weeks before we left(serves me right for not re-confirming the day before, I guess). We were extremely fortunate to find another hotel, which opened it's doors two weeks before we arrived. Needless to say, the facilities were brand new (swimming pool, pool table, barbeque area, brand new furniture etc..) and we ended up saving about $1500. You can only imagine the feeling of relief I experienced that day.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pmhoran
I am biased, obviously, but yes, Canada could be considered quite stunning in its scenery .. and its multi-culturalism. Each "area" of the country has its own unique qualities. I have been fortunate enough to have travelled to & through every province and territory ... and I have to admit ... at no time did I find any of it "boring". I even enjoyed travelling through the prairies which everyone had said was miles and miles of the same thing. I guess they just did not look hard enough

Where in Canada are you going to be holidaying in?

Peter

P.S. I have a friend from Canberra who decided to do a "driving tour" of the USA with a quick stop up here to see me for a couple days. He "did up" the New England states ... drove here for the couple days ... went back into the USA and got out to Yellowstone and instead of going south as planned, he decided to head back into Canada for the rest of his vacation crisscrossing the country twice ... coast to coast. His reason ... he really liked the USA ... but he loved Canada He only headed south again when he had to catch his flight in LA to go home again I don't think if he had experienced our winters he would have made the same choices hahahaha.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #38 (permalink)   03-28-2005, 04:56 AM
HD Master
 
pmhoran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 388

Status: pmhoran is offline
Hope you REALLY enjoy your time here when you do the holiday thing

I guess I am guilty of leading this thread really off topic. Sorry about that

Peter
 
 
 


Old
  Post #39 (permalink)   03-28-2005, 05:19 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 73

Status: Fisherman is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmhoran
Hope you REALLY enjoy your time here when you do the holiday thing

I guess I am guilty of leading this thread really off topic. Sorry about that

Peter
Thanks very much, I'm sure I will.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #40 (permalink)   03-28-2005, 02:49 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 43
Send a message via MSN to Xlusive

Status: Xlusive is offline
from the netherlands
__________________
XlusiveHosting Hosting services!
NPgeek Domain Auction System
NPConvert NP$ > USD Converter
Spele free games!
 
 
 


Old
  Post #41 (permalink)   03-29-2005, 10:44 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 26

Status: Immortal9 is offline
I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio, US of course .
 
 
 


Old
  Post #42 (permalink)   03-29-2005, 11:04 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 89
Send a message via MSN to Grafiti ONLINE

Status: Grafiti ONLINE is offline
Montenegro (EUROPE - Mediteranian)
__________________
Grafiti ONLINE Web Hosting Solutions
sales[at]grafitihosting.com
Grafitionlinehosting.com - since 2003 - Shared and Reseller Solutions
BulkTemplate.com - Hi Quality Ready-made website templates
 
 
 


Old
  Post #43 (permalink)   03-29-2005, 09:06 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 33

Status: cbrad is offline
I live in Western Montana. Lot's of mountains and liberals . Not a horrible place just I live in a rural area that doesn't have some of the things I would like to have.
__________________
This sig is admin friendly : P
 
 
 


Old
  Post #44 (permalink)   08-10-2010, 10:48 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 88

Status: TheRACK is offline
Michigan also 20 minutes from the canadian border

which you need a passport these days to get accross! I need to get a new updated passport/license lol.
__________________
TheRACK - "One Package Fits All" www.RackShack.org No Confusion, Everything you need For One Price!

Advanox Online Branding www.Advanox.com Web Design for any budget!
 
 
 


Old
  Post #45 (permalink)   08-11-2010, 08:14 AM
HD Community Advisor
 
SenseiSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 4,942
Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve

Status: SenseiSteve is offline
St. Louis, but I wish I was back in Kailua, Hawaii. I am wearing a bright red Hawaiian shirt today.

PS I just noticed this thread was started in 2004.
__________________
ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: