Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #1 (permalink)   10-18-2010, 05:54 AM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 103

Status: Deadly is offline
Hi everyone im looking into advertising a banner with HD. Has anyone done this before and can tell me if it has good results and is it effective? Or should i advertise else were.
__________________
DEADLY
 
 
 


Old
  Post #2 (permalink)   10-18-2010, 07:58 AM
HD Community Advisor
 
SenseiSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 4,975
Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve

Status: SenseiSteve is offline
Just checked with Alexa clickstream and we get 27% of our inbound traffic from Hosting Discussion. I'd say that's significant.
__________________
ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #3 (permalink)   10-18-2010, 01:31 PM
HD Wizard
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,264

Status: handsonhosting is offline
I know when we had some banners on here we did pretty well too. We target a different market than what HD caters to. We mainly deal with end users, whereas HD has a lot of web hosts discussing things and are prime candidates for purchasing dedicated servers and reseller packages.

At least, that's how I see it anyway.
__________________
Emerson Nogueira
http://www.HandsOnWebHosting.com
cPanel Web Hosting, Domain Registration, Managed VPS Servers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   10-18-2010, 01:35 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 103

Status: Deadly is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-Hostirian View Post
Just checked with Alexa clickstream and we get 27% of our inbound traffic from Hosting Discussion. I'd say that's significant.


Quote:
Originally Posted by handsonhosting View Post
I know when we had some banners on here we did pretty well too. We target a different market than what HD caters to. We mainly deal with end users, whereas HD has a lot of web hosts discussing things and are prime candidates for purchasing dedicated servers and reseller packages.

At least, that's how I see it anyway.
Thanks guys! I'm looking into it.
__________________
DEADLY
 
 
 


Old
  Post #5 (permalink)   10-19-2010, 06:58 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 518
Send a message via ICQ to HostColor Send a message via Skype™ to HostColor

Status: HostColor is offline
Hi,

I like HD and the reason for this is not that we have been featured here. It is 2nd best forums for web hosting discussions after the WebHostingTalk in terms of quantity of threads and posts. I like being here because it is an alternative. And honestly I'd suggest anyone who is involved in this industry to spend something with HD (for example to get featured in Showcases - hostingdiscussion.com/showcase.php) because this will help the forums to grow.
__________________
HostColor.com - Cloud Infrastructure w/ High Availability - Bare-Metal Dedicated Servers - since 2000
Data Centers: US (near Chicago) & Europe
Network (AS46873): Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net + Midwest Peering
 
 
 


Old
  Post #6 (permalink)   10-20-2010, 05:15 PM
HD Guru
 
HostLeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 874

Status: HostLeet is offline
Targeted visitors are the way to go, for sure. HostLeet has been featured in the HD showcase for quite sometime now and we have no plans of stopping. A good share of our clients come from Hosting Discussion. So, yes, I would definately recommend advertising on HD forums.
__________________
HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
 
 
 


Old
  Post #7 (permalink)   10-25-2010, 04:09 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 103

Status: Deadly is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by HostLeet View Post
Targeted visitors are the way to go, for sure. HostLeet has been featured in the HD showcase for quite sometime now and we have no plans of stopping. A good share of our clients come from Hosting Discussion. So, yes, I would definately recommend advertising on HD forums.
Thanks!
__________________
DEADLY
 
 
 


Old
  Post #8 (permalink)   10-26-2010, 12:42 PM
HD Master
 
ModulesGarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Poland
Posts: 322

Status: ModulesGarden is online now
Deadly there are worth to make. Advertising in HD will for sure improve Your business.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #9 (permalink)   11-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 31

Status: Hosting42dotnet is offline
I'd say go for it! test it out! See what it can do for you!
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: