How many of you use Skype?

Equinox

I noticed that HostingDiscussion doesn't seem to have a section for Skype yet. I know its a fairly new mod on the board system, but is there a need for it? How many of you guys use it? Is it as popular in the states and canada as it is here in South Africa?
What are your handles and do you think we should stick a new field in your profile section for it?
~Equinox

I use it for business and I find it great. We often use it for conferencing as well.

VoIP has grown very big in the last year, mostly due to everyone talking about it, but some analysts say it isn't "there" yet.

What do you mean by having a "Skype" section on HostingDiscussion.com?

Best,

Well, a line in your profile, like there is with MSN, AIM and Yahoo, with the online handle. I think it might be a good addition to the site.
~Equinox

Well VoIP was pretty much illegal in SA until now. Companies are already spending millions on VoIP to save money. It's actually pretty damn fascinating stuff.

I tried a sort of early version of it I guess a couple years ago. Confused the heck out of me ... but thats easy to do these days. Think I will stick to my regular phone.

Sometimes I long for the simpler times of my youth. When I could pick up the phone and just say "Hi Martha ... can you patch me through to Mike," We didn't get rotary dial phones until the early 60's where I lived.

Small towns ... ya gotta love them :)

Peter

I use SKYPE but for some reason it hasn't been the greatest for me in terms of clarity.

I even paid for the telephone number plus 10 euros in outgoing minutes.

Oh well, mistakes happen

Skype worked wonderfully when I was in Greece and my g/f was here in the USA. Crystal clear sound....was great.