easyhostmedia

Today i got spam from semalt

Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 10:26 AM
To: ********
Subject: Check out the FREE report for your website kellieslingerie.com

Dear, Terry Robertson
We have checked Google rankings of the following website:
kellieslingerie.com
And we have found 14 errors that negatively affect your website’s growth in Google, your client flow and sales.

So we have prepared a report for you to kick-start your growth!

Download PDF report
Get all my information
★ secure, helpful and not obliging
We provide business owners, webmasters, analysts and marketing experts with new ways to effectively use web tools for any kind of business by offering high-quality SEO promotion, web development, explainer video creation and advanced analytics services.

Facebook | LinkedIn | Google+ | Twitter | Instagram
If you are not interested in receiving news about high
quality services and regular free report
you can always unsubscribe

so reported this to spamcop which gave worldstream.nl as the datacentre, so i also reported the spam to them only to get this reply

Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 11:05 AM
To: main support
Subject: Re: Fw: Check out the FREE report for your website kellieslingerie.com

Dear Sir/Madam,

About your email.

There is a unsub link in the email.

Could you let us know if you've clicked on this button before?

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Rick Vollebregt
Abuse Department

WorldStream C.V>

Mail address | abuse@worldstream.nl

WorldStream B.V.
Office: (+31)(0)174 - 712 117
P.O. Box 223, 2670 AE Naaldwijk, The Netherlands
http://www.worldstream.nl

Facebook Twitter

so they seriously want me to click an unsubscribe link in a spam email.

Never a fan of SEMALT - they throw off Analytics reports too with all their queries. You can of course block them in Analytics - but spam is another story!

Never a fan of SEMALT - they throw off Analytics reports too with all their queries. You can of course block them in Analytics - but spam is another story!

but what got me was the datacentre expecting me to use the unsubscribe link (which i did not).

No idea who spams me i won't deal with them, even if it is from a well know company.

Yeah - unsubscribe is a validation that the email address works so you can resell it :)

LOL - that's the first thing I tell everyone about unsubscribe links - don't do it! I can't say I've ever had much luck going to their upstream provider.

LOL - that's the first thing I tell everyone about unsubscribe links - don't do it! I can't say I've ever had much luck going to their upstream provider.

i get some good results from most upstream providers. the only ones i dont report to upstream provider are in they are .cn as Chinanet could not care less.

i always report to spamcop and upstream providers.