Boosting Social Posts

romes

David
Hello everyone, I had a question about social media post boosts. For anyone who tweets, instagrams or has a facebook page, there is an option to boost the post or page. I had a few questions and I am hoping one or some of you have done it before. I am looking into doing this but wanted to know if it was worth it.

1. Which platform have you done it on?

2. Did you see positive results from it? Was there a boost in traffic? Followers? likes? etc...

3. What was your overall budget for it? (If you don't mind me asking)

Thanks for the help guys.

I've done it on Facebook many times over the years.

The cost is whatever you want it to be, and it really depends on the goal of the campaign.

I've found more success with them when there's a specific item to purchase or used in an effort of branding campaigns.

For example;
We've run branding campaigns to increase the number of Facebook followers. We've run both local and regional campaigns the pricing is directly related to the exposure. $50 when we define very specifically what we're looking for, and $500 when we target wider reaches. There's no limit to how much you spend or how often you run it - you just need to define your measurements on what the goal is.

For products, we've again run $50 campaigns and we've been involved with $10,000+ campaigns. Again, the product makes the difference. There's a difference between a T-Shirt for $20 and Jewelry for $1500. Targets and goals matter.

Each industry is different.

Thanks for the reply! My goal is primarily to increase followers and by association whatever traffic it gets me afterwards. Did you see a good jump in followers from these campaigns?

Yeah we had good boosts. Don't be afraid to start with a small investment and target a specific state or age group. Don't target ALL USERS as it's just too broad a scope.

Also, whatever you're boosting, make sure it's useful to the person or why they need to follow you. It's like the process of getting a review - it's very easy to get a bad review, but getting someone to say something positive can be a real struggle.

With Facebook (even when using precise targeting) you will get engagement and possibly brand recognition, but 98%+ of clicks will be useless mis-clicks, bots, etc.

Rarely with Facebook ads have we seen any real visitors looking to purchase/use our services.

So with Facebook, if sales of your product are what you're looking for, your money will definitely be spent better elsewhere.

Thanks for the valuable insight guys. Right now, I am looking to increase my follower count. Whatever happens because of that is a bonus. I was thinking of doing small tests with facebook, instagram and twitter. Nothing crazy but to test it out and see how it goes.

It is probably the only way to get exposure on Facebook unless you are a well known brand, considering the sheer magnitude of social media company pages. Sometimes you have to pay for brand awareness and exposure.

It is probably the only way to get exposure on Facebook unless you are a well known brand, considering the sheer magnitude of social media company pages. Sometimes you have to pay for brand awareness and exposure.
Very true, I just wonder what the damage will be once I am done branding my site lol