Cheap Domain registrar

steve-glo

Hello,

Nowdays every domain registrar increasing domain registration price and also making money via privacy protection. We need domain reseller account in cheap domain registration price... Is there any domain reseller who provides domains in cheap rate with free privacy protection?

Thanks

I use Porkbun.com. They have an API, but I have no idea if they have a reseller option.

Openprovider is worth looking at for anyone who needs reseller options. Gandi are also great but they are far from the cheapest.
Not sure how I've never heard of OpenProvider, but that is one interesting model. Domains at cost. Looks very attractive, even as a private solution. I'll have to calculate my costs and compare OpenProvider with Porkbun.

Try https://www.spaceship.com/ . It's made by the guy who owns Namecheap.
I will never touch anything that has any association to Namecheap.

I had to move my whole domain portfolio out to another provider because Namecheap suddenly decided they were not a technology company that has a responsibility to their clients, but a political organization. At some point, when it was "in trend", they sent an announcement out that they were no longer doing business with the Russians, kicking them out the door in an openly discriminative way. And while I am Russian-Canadian, that killed my confidence in them as a reliable company.

Seeing that Spaceship.com comes from the makers of Namecheap, I thought I'd ask what their policy is as well, to see if they are still absolutely fine discriminating based on nationality. And they sure are! Below is the full transcript of my conversation with their live chat representative Pavlo Savshak:

Engagement SPS-WU-3554 Chat Transcript - Spaceship
Time Zone - GMT (UTC +00)
28 October, 2023

Visitor 1873224 : I have a sales question.
[Pavlo Savshak joined the chat]
Pavlo Savshak : Hello, you've contacted Live Support! How may I help you today?
Visitor 1873224 : Hi, thank you for becoming available to chat so quickly. Do you accept clients from Russia?
Visitor 1873224 : Awesome. I am the owner of HostingDiscussion.com, one of the most established communities for web hosting professionals and enthusiasts. Someone brought up your company in a post and given the Namecheap experience, I wanted to double check what's your policy with Spaceship.
Pavlo Savshak : Thank you for waiting.
Pavlo Savshak : Due to the war crimes and violation of human rights by the russian regime, we do not provider services to entities in Russia.
Visitor 1873224 : Only entities or citizens as well?
Pavlo Savshak : Yes. Basically, anyone who has a relationship with russian regime cannot use our services.
Visitor 1873224 : What if I hold the citizenship of Russia and Canada? Can I use the service?
Visitor 1873224 : Hello?
Pavlo Savshak : I am sorry for the delay. I need to clarify this with our responsible team. Allow me a few minutes, please.

[ leaves for 20 minutes to make certain they do not make a mistake to also discriminate against a Canadian citizen ]

Visitor 1873224 : Sure, thank you, take your time.
Pavlo Savshak : I am sorry for the time taken. I may need a few more minutes to provide you with accurate information. Please be sure, I am currently working on your particular request. Your patience and understanding are most appreciated.
Visitor 1873224 : Thank you, Pavlo.
Pavlo Savshak : Thank you for waiting. As you hold another citizenship, you will be able to use our services.
Pavlo Savshak : Still, I shall warn you that it won't be possible to select Russian contact details in your account as well as use their payment cards
Pavlo Savshak : If you have the Canadian address, feel free to use it during the account creation.
Pavlo Savshak : I just want to make sure we are still in touch. Please update me if we are.
Visitor 1873224 : Yes, I have a Canadian citizenship and naturally all my information is also Canadian (contact info, address, payment details). I am glad that you guys have "personal convictions" and "principles". Well, sort of. What happened to my "relationship" with the Russian regime?)
I don't think I'll be signing up with you at all for discriminating based on nationality, irregardless of one's origin. It's terrible practice.

Something tells me these guys will one day land themselves in a world of legal trouble.

United States: Federal laws prohibit discrimination based on a person's national origin, race, color, religion, disability, sex, and familial status.

Canada: The Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms prohibits anyone to: treat you differently because of your ethnic or national origin.

The most surprising here for me is that I am watching a tech company that is more worried about who they sell their service to than the service itself.

I understand. I am not Russian, so I didn't face any consequences from Namecheap, but this is nice to know.

Not sure how I've never heard of OpenProvider, but that is one interesting model. Domains at cost. Looks very attractive, even as a private solution. I'll have to calculate my costs and compare OpenProvider with Porkbun.
If you have an even vaguely large amount of domains then OpenProvider is likely to come out as better value.

I will never touch anything that has any association to Namecheap.

I had to move my whole domain portfolio out to another provider because Namecheap suddenly decided they were not a technology company that has a responsibility to their clients, but a political organization. At some point, when it was "in trend", they sent an announcement out that they were no longer doing business with the Russians, kicking them out the door in an openly discriminative way. And while I am Russian-Canadian, that killed my confidence in them as a reliable company.

Seeing that Spaceship.com comes from the makers of Namecheap, I thought I'd ask what their policy is as well, to see if they are still absolutely fine discriminating based on nationality. And they sure are! Below is the full transcript of my conversation with their live chat representative Pavlo Savshak:

Something tells me these guys will one day land themselves in a world of legal trouble.

United States: Federal laws prohibit discrimination based on a person's national origin, race, color, religion, disability, sex, and familial status.

Canada: The Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms prohibits anyone to: treat you differently because of your ethnic or national origin.

The most surprising here for me is that I am watching a tech company that is more worried about who they sell their service to than the service itself.
would never touch namecheap even if i was paid.

1) Great to purchase a Comodo SSL cert, but always messes up any SSL renewals.
2) On 2 occasions i had .co.uk domains through them where they failed to notify renewal dates and actually reregistered the domains the day after renewal dates to someone else. Lucky Nominet got them back for me.

Route53 or CloudFlare Domain Registrar would be my two recommendations. Unfortunately CloudFlare doesn't support WHMCS at all. However, Route53 via Amazon could be a good option. There are many different third-party plugins out there.