Control Panels

Slighly Biased

The <a href='http://nexcess.net' target='_blank'>http://nexcess.net</a> SiteWorx control panel. This might be a slighly biased opinion however... :). We haven't decided if we want to sell / license it yet. The control panels listed above seem to have a bit of a strangle hold on the market.

Paul
--
NEXCESS.NET

Currently use cpanel but also have win panel avail for beta testors
any takers pm me we are looking for a test group

I know this is an old topic, but I just got here. :wink:

PLESK, Ensim and CPanel all seem stable, easily navigable, with clear, fairly simple processes. I couldn't pick just one.

RAH

Cpanel has its pro's and cons.
Main thing is you have to build your packages around it instead of the other way around, which is why we developed our own as CPanel couldn't do what we wanted.

which is why we developed our own...
Andrew do you have a demo?

Yes cPanel does have some bugs but most of the control panels do.
Ensim is realy the only stable panel in my opion.... But the interface scares customers, its just way to hard for them, don't know about it now but support use to have to make custom 404 pages, set-up subdomains, etc

As for the other cp, resellers can't oversell on Ensim or Plesk.

which is why we developed our own...
Andrew do you have a demo?

Yes cPanel does have some bugs but most of the control panels do.
Ensim is realy the only stable panel in my opion.... But the interface scares customers, its just way to hard for them, don't know about it now but support use to have to make custom 404 pages, set-up subdomains, etc

As for the other cp, resellers can't oversell on Ensim or Plesk.
Hi
As the control panel is not a commerical product (ie we developed it soley for ourselves) a demo is not avalible, however if you like I can post up some screen shots of it in action if you want.

we are using Windows Control Panel and Linux Control Panel. Quite good, as for me. U Can find it athttp://www.******************.com

Ok, this topic is posted a lot on WebHostingTalk as well. Unfortunately, there are many younger people here, or those whom don't share the same views as others.

There is no best control panel. cPanel is by no means the be all and end all, neither is Plesk, Ensim, DirectAdmin, web:\\cp and all the other control panels that are out there in the world.
I'm afraid to say so, but it's true. There is no be and end all control panel, there is only the control panel that is best for you.
This is something I find very important for people to understand.
I see this same sort of topic, everywhere, everyday - no matter what forum I'm on. It's also a shame there aren't that many whom say this what I say. I know a few on WHT, and myself and them all speak the truth, there is no be all and end all control panel.

However, what one can do - is give reasons as to why the control panel they use is best for them, since it may not be best for everyone else.

Personally, my company on shared hosting offers cPanel - not really because I want to, since I don't. Mainly because my clients want it. Personally I prefer Plesk - however again, my clients don't so I offer cPanel.
Many people like and are fond of cPanel, because unfortunately they find it extremely easy to use and have a fear of other control panels and also others are fond of cPanel because, to an extent, you can run a server and even a web hosting company without knowing what Linux is, what RedHat Linux does, and how to even maintain a server. I know this for a fact, since I've had a few friends in the past try this - I was actually annoyed with them, however thankfully they decided to stop since they were taking up too much time on their small hosting venture than actually doing the work they were paid to do.
These are however, only my personal views.