Did I miss WebHostingTalk getting sold?

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know who the owner of WebHostingTalk is? I thought it was Penton/Informa or one of those companies... but suddenly I don't see a single mention of either in the footer or anywhere else on the forum.

Good catch. I wonder why they waltzed away from mentioning their brand on the site though. The rumour I heard was that WHT went back into private hands.

I heard by friend tell me that LiquidWeb owner owned WHT for a while and they sold it now I think about a year ago.

Last edited:
It has mentioned that "Hosting By: Liquid Web [Logo]".
That's just part of marketing. Liquid Web hosts the site in exchange for a link back. Similarly how on HostingDiscussion home page's footer you can see "Hosted by IO Zoom" link.

As you can see their LinkedIn page. I think they were acquired by a Canada-based company.

However, they do not want to disclose any details.

As you can see their LinkedIn page. I think they were acquired by a Canada-based company.
Please link us up.

PS: If you are talking about WebHostingTalk's about us page on LinkedIn (that mentions Toronto, Canada), then this may be very old information. Unless you saw a recent post about it.

Last edited:
Please link us up.

PS: If you are talking about WebHostingTalk's about us page on LinkedIn (that mentions Toronto, Canada), then this may be very old information. Unless you saw a recent post about it.

You're right, However, they're still using the same Toronto address listed on their LinkedIn page in their recent newsletter emails.