Domain redemption period + whmcs

webalternative

hello,

how do you deal with the domain in redemption period?

It's seems WHMCS didn't provide any option for this by default... Did you make the change to the invoice manually? Is their any up-to-date (compatible v6) whmcs plugin for this?

Regards

hello,

how do you deal with the domain in redemption period?

What exactly do you want to do? Force a renewal? or what? I do not seem to understand to know what you want to do apart from knowing the domain is in redemption state. Also are you asking as a host or a client? If a host who is your domain registration provider and what type of arrangement do you have with them. With that we will understand the question better.

Sorry for my bad english, that's not my primary language...

Here is what i want to do:

I want to update the current customer invoice/domain price for a domain, if the customer domain is in redemption period. Because actually, with WHMCS if the user renew his domain within the redemption period, the user will only need to pay for a "domain renewal" and the domain will not get renewed because the domain is in redemption period and its will cost a lot more to get the domain restored.

I'm just looking a way to automate this.... Just change the invoice/domain price when the domain is in redemption period and update the domain status.

Hope I was more clear this time...

Regards,

It depends who the registrar is. Resellerclub already has Restore prices you can set/manage and whmcs will pick those up just like the other domain prices

whmcs has plenty of tools to make manual management easy, from setting notices to listing expired domains and reports. Look for the ones that are entering redemption and add a line item to the overdue invoice

Sorry for my bad english, that's not my primary language...

Here is what i want to do:

I want to update the current customer invoice/domain price for a domain, if the customer domain is in redemption period. Because actually, with WHMCS if the user renew his domain within the redemption period, the user will only need to pay for a "domain renewal" and the domain will not get renewed because the domain is in redemption period and its will cost a lot more to get the domain restored.

I'm just looking a way to automate this.... Just change the invoice/domain price when the domain is in redemption period and update the domain status.

Hope I was more clear this time...

Regards,
If you want to achieve that in WHMCS you will need to manipulate their Late fee feature apply it to only domains and set the late fee to be the redemption fee. Navigate to languages and rename late fee as Redemption fee and you are ready to go.

If you want to achieve that in WHMCS you will need to manipulate their Late fee feature apply it to only domains and set the late fee to be the redemption fee. Navigate to languages and rename late fee as Redemption fee and you are ready to go.

I have done this in our WHMCS and it works great. We don't get a lot of clients purchasing it though since a lot of them are just shutting down there business. But you will get one once in a while.

I have done this in our WHMCS and it works great. We don't get a lot of clients purchasing it though since a lot of them are just shutting down there business. But you will get one once in a while.

Well as long as you have it set it can wait until someone trigers it by asking for renwal. My general experience though is you will have not more than one client ready to pay redemption. The ones that could afford that will not allow their domains expire the ones who let them expire can hardly pay redemption.

Editing the invoice might be a tricky part for users who are not good with coding but the late fee feature is too easy to manipulate to end up with the same results