Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base

easyhostmedia

Hi

I have heard from one of my VPS providers that they are discontinuing VPS services on 1st June.

I found another provider and attepted to install cpanel but got this

2015-05-24 05:42:39 722 (ERROR):
2015-05-24 05:42:39 723 (ERROR): Your operating system's RPM update method (yum ) could not locate the glibc package. This is an indication of an improper setup . You must correct this error before you proceed.
2015-05-24 05:42:39 724 (ERROR):
2015-05-24 05:42:39 725 (FATAL):

Removing /root/installer.lock.
so tried to update glibc etc only to get the below issues

[root@mars ~]# yum install glib*
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Setting up Install Process
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
[root@mars ~]# yum update kernel
Setting up Update Process
[root@mars ~]# yum update
Setting up Update Process
[root@mars ~]#

after contacting the provider all i got was

As we are an unmanaged provider, this is something you'll need to solve on your own.

this seems harsh as even after reinstalling the distro the same issue, which i think is a RMP issue that is a provider issue to fix

not really its a software issue

check your DNS resolvers and make sure your can resolve domains

As i was just given the server details and had not even migrated any accounts and have had many servers and never had this issue.
even spoke to guys running my other servers and all stated this is something only the server provider can fix.

which they have fixed.

Hi,

Go to the /etc/yum.repos.d/<*.repo>
take any baseurl from it and see whether you are able to ping to the main domain from it.

Your local resolver could be the issue or firewall is blocking them. After that use below 2 commands:

yum clean all
yum update

The funniest things is that the OP has already TWICE espressly stated THAT THE ISSUE IS ALREADY SOLVED. However, this thread will be used by newbies from India for years now, just to increase the postcount.

The funniest things is that the OP has already TWICE espressly stated THAT THE ISSUE IS ALREADY SOLVED. However, this thread will be used by newbies from India for years now, just to increase the postcount.

As per your reply it looks like this is the first time you are using forum or you are unaware of the style how forum works. Even the problem is solved there have been no solution mentioned in the whole thread. What the other guy did was to provide solution to the problem. When someone is facing the same problem and lands to the page , he can scroll down and look for solution. No matter how old is the thread if someone posts the solution its always helpful.

If the issue is solved for you, post the solution here. Whenever such topics are discussed on the forums, its basically does not only related to the one who opened it and has solved the issue. Many people come to this post and share their experience and discuss if they are getting the same issue in search of any solution being put in the threads. Things are discussed for different approaches to a problem. We are not here to blindly posts just for increasing the post count. It does not matter. The only thing matter is solution and what approaches were made. We join the forums to share our experience and expertise in an effort to get resolution of any issue and increase our skill sets.

I see no solution has been placed on it and never it has mentioned that this has been fixed for years...

Last edited:
If the issue is solved for you, post the solution here. Whenever such topics are discussed on the forums, its basically does not only related to the one who opened it and has solved the issue. Many people come to this post and share their experience and discuss if they are getting the same issue in search of any solution being put in the threads. Things are discussed for different approaches to a problem. We are not here to blindly posts just for increasing the post count. It does not matter. The only thing matter is solution and what approaches were made. We join the forums to share our experience and expertise in an effort to get resolution of any issue and increase our skill sets.

I see no solution has been placed on it and never it has mentioned that this has been fixed for years...

That's because the server provider fixed the issue, so i have no solution

Hi,

You could have asked your server provide and shared the solution with all of us here. This forum is not just to get your answers, but also to provide solutions to others too.

That's because the server provider fixed the issue, so i have no solution

The solution is either:

Code:
nano /etc/yum.repos.d/repo-name.repo eg: nano /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo
remove the s from https:// so it says http:// save the file.
yum update -y
when it's updated edit the repo and re-add the s so it's back to https://

or if that doesn't work it's the network:

Code:
echo "ClientAliveInterval 60" | sudo tee -a /etc/ssh/sshd_config
nano /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
add NM_CONTROLLED=no to the bottom.
ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0
reboot

And that allows you to use yum.

The solution is either:

Code:
nano /etc/yum.repos.d/repo-name.repo eg: nano /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo
remove the s from https:// so it says http:// save the file.
yum update -y
when it's updated edit the repo and re-add the s so it's back to https://

or if that doesn't work it's the network:

Code:
echo "ClientAliveInterval 60" | sudo tee -a /etc/ssh/sshd_config
nano /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
add NM_CONTROLLED=no to the bottom.
ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0
reboot

And that allows you to use yum.

well if you look Yum was working, but it could not continue installs. makes no difference as i left that provider