Feedback from your visitors

Westpoint

When it comes to your website design and layout, how much does feedback from your visitors count? Do you change your website layout as per your visitors or customers' suggestions?

yes. Ususally we have provide access to a staging area for a beta test of trusted clients to get their feedback.

Giving what the clients/users want and making it easy for them to be able to find out more information on a product and then order it - that's the whole goal, so who better to ask than the actual people that will purchase things!

Customer feedback, everything from web design to support and how we handle support or services - all of this is important and regularly reviewed.

Feedback from your clients is important. Normally the problem is actually collecting this feedback, then acting on it.

We don't change our design often but customer feedback is very important.

But you should actually act on the feedback you receive, I can think of 2 companies (won't name) that in recent years changed their design for the worse. The majority was negative feedback suggesting they go back though they never.

Personally for those 2 companies I don't know how they could have approved those new designs over the old ones they had!

Feedback from clients on how a site looks and behaves is enlightening. I've encountered the normal, "you're site is too slow" all the way to, "I'm color blind and your scheme is very hard to use."

It's never a bad thing to have feedback, even if you pitch 85% of it into the bin.

We try to get as much feedback from our customers as possible on all aspects of our business. We actually have an automated email that is sent out a few weeks after a customer signs up asking if they need help with anything along with asking for any feedback they might have. Additionally, all of our system emails have a signature with a link to take a feedback survey.

I listen to all feedback. However I have learned not to make every change people request as one change may break things for other visitors or in my case members.

I value all feedback though and listen to every suggestion. I then see how well the change will work. If I feel it is a small easy change that I know is not going to upset some one I go ahead and do it. If it is a large change then I test it and even ask other members how they would feel about such a change. Some times the change gets done some times it gets changed a little bit to make it even better.

I have also made changes and something didn't go right or it ended up causing problems and I changed it back.

Also I even ask members how they would take changes I come up with on my own. I know I can not make every one happy but I try my best to make the most members as happy as I can. I try not to upset any member, specially with changes but it does happen.

On the site I run now I don't make nearly the changes as I used to with my first forum. My first forum I made every change members requested which actually ended up killing that first site.

If any of my clients suggest any changes or added features, i will first check the changes wanted or request feature and then poll all clients about this feature/changes for their feedback (i normally only get 2% response to such polls). If its a feature a client has requested and it looks to be a benefit and costs, then i will request the costs from that client, even if its is to go on the server and benefits others as it was that client who requested the feature. So far no client has refused to pay up when they have requested a paid feature.

If any of my clients suggest any changes or added features, i will first check the changes wanted or request feature and then poll all clients about this feature/changes for their feedback (i normally only get 2% response to such polls). If its a feature a client has requested and it looks to be a benefit and costs, then i will request the costs from that client, even if its is to go on the server and benefits others as it was that client who requested the feature. So far no client has refused to pay up when they have requested a paid feature.

Part of that sounds like how I do things. Although being just a forum I don't charge. As a client I am not sure how I would feel about being charged. I guess it would depend on the change and how much the charge was.

Part of that sounds like how I do things. Although being just a forum I don't charge. As a client I am not sure how I would feel about being charged. I guess it would depend on the change and how much the charge was.

If its a client who is requesting this feature, then why should they not pay for the feature if it costs, if they were adding it to their own site or PC then they would have to pay for it.

If the costs are too high then i would not even entertain it or even ask the client to pay, but i would explain to the client that we wont be adding the feature and why.

Ah that works and I understand.

also another thing when looking at adding a feature to the server is the resources that feature will consume and will it ever be used.

We used to have RVsitebuilder on our servers costing us $60 every 12 months and in 3 years only 1 client used this, so when this come for renewal it was decided to not bother, so we found trendyflash and breezi, which is free to partners and you install on server and clients get a link in cpanel to these so they get a free trial and then if the client want to continue with these they then upgrade direct with them

I have not used RVsitebuilder but have heard of it. I can not disagree with what you did though. I have added features to my site and no one uses them. I remember one that I took off and no one even noticed well at least not for a few months.
It was actually the person who requested it that noticed. She is not all that active so didn't notice right away.

Your clients were probably the same way, not noticing right away or at all. At least the ones not using it. The one that was using it, I would expect that you talked to them.

I have not used RVsitebuilder but have heard of it. I can not disagree with what you did though. I have added features to my site and no one uses them. I remember one that I took off and no one even noticed well at least not for a few months.
It was actually the person who requested it that noticed. She is not all that active so didn't notice right away.

Your clients were probably the same way, not noticing right away or at all. At least the ones not using it. The one that was using it, I would expect that you talked to them.

true, no one noticed and the 1 that was using it had just used it to set up a small blog, so was no lose to them . i was even offered RVsitebuilder at 1/2 price, which i still refused, instead i used the funds to purchase ConfigServer eXploit Scanner at $50 one time fee ( so added extra security to the server)