Google have decided they want to lose many Google Chrome users.

easyhostmedia

Changes are coming to Google Chrome, including one that will end support for plugins like Unity Web Player. Consider installing a browser which will allow the use of plugins, such as Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer.

More on the official announcement here.

so starting in January 2014, Chrome will block webpage-instantiated NPAPI plug-ins by default on the Stable channel.

these include

Silverlight
Unity
Google Earth
Java
Google Talk
Facebook Video

From Google in September of 2013, "Meanwhile, NPAPI’s 90s-era architecture has become a leading cause of hangs, crashes, security incidents, and code complexity. Because of this, Chrome will be phasing out NPAPI support over the coming year."

Again, from Google, "Stable channel: This channel has the full testing of the Chrome OS test team, and is the best bet to avoid crashes and other issues. It's updated roughly every 2-3 weeks for minor changes, and every 6 weeks for major changes."

I'd suggest reading https://www.chromium.org/developers/npapi-deprecation for more information.

Last edited:
From Google in September of 2013, "Meanwhile, NPAPI’s 90s-era architecture has become a leading cause of hangs, crashes, security incidents, and code complexity. Because of this, Chrome will be phasing out NPAPI support over the coming year."

Again, from Google, "Stable channel: This channel has the full testing of the Chrome OS test team, and is the best bet to avoid crashes and other issues. It's updated roughly every 2-3 weeks for minor changes, and every 6 weeks for major changes."

I'd suggest reading https://www.chromium.org/developers/npapi-deprecation for more information.

brought this up now as its only now they have decided to send notices of this, strange other browsers have never has any issues with NPAPI's.

I wonder what is going on at google, just look over HD and you will see its the latest thing google is removing.

I don't like google chrome. Firefox browser is much better for me.

Maybe they will provide a option to run this manually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamHostBrett