HappilyHosted.net

Surmounted.NET

What are your thoughts on this domain?

I have been sitting on it for a couple months, bought it up when I noticed it was available (surprisingly). HappilyHosted.com has been purchased and sat on for YEARS, a simple web archive lookup shows this domain has never been used except for a 'coming soon' page.

I am looking to either sell it, if the price is right OR develop a new brand.

Why I think it is a great domain is simple: It clearly states in the title what sort of services and quality is to be expected, which is good services and quality ;)

I believe its easily brandable and marketable, and would be highly appealing to the hosting industry. Much more so than this xyzhost123.com names I see a lot of today.

Worth?

Last edited:
Yeah, definitely worth more if it was a .com, but I got what was available.

I'm just trying to figure out if its worth sitting on and developing, I like the name, but don't have the time or the willpower to start another host.

I like the name too, but probably wouldn't want to build a business on it since it's not a .com

You certainly don't want to give traffic away to the .com version of the domain name (most people will enter .com instead of .net out of habit).

You certainly don't want to give traffic away to the .com version of the domain name (most people will enter .com instead of .net out of habit).

That is what will happen. You will spend time and money getting a good rep and your clients will tell their mates about you but most of the referred people will end up going to the .com.

Having the .net is not ideal and I would recommend against it.

Also what happens when the owner of the .com decide they want the .net and your using the domain for the same purpose as them?

EDIT: I should have paid more attention to the date but I am pretty sure it was top topic.

I would sell it to a .com owner. I've heard several stories about guys selling similar domains for thousands of $. One of my friends sold a .net domain to the owner of an identical .com domain for $20000.

I would sell it to a .com owner. I've heard several stories about guys selling similar domains for thousands of $. One of my friends sold a .net domain to the owner of an identical .com domain for $20000.

That's very expensive.
I think it costs $xx, no more.