Help videos

vegas

Account Disabled
I want to use help videos for a new vps company but I dont want to depend on programs or software like flash player cs6 or host my videos on networks like you tube.Ive decided to use the <embed src> tag and somehow I know it will have its pinpoints like that it might not work with mp4 or flv files ,well my question is if you think that <embed src> will work with other operative systems diferent than windows like linux,in case my clients use that on their computers and...if you know other method that could work for me-?

Thanks B4 handed

Another thing you can do is use a online option like Screencast-O-matic and embed the screencast that you have created into your site.

there is number of good apps out now to make tutorials with, think I got a free one havent mesed with yet actually will have to get to that soon. Is a few for around $100 then of course more advanced which means more money
Powerpoint presentations can be made into video easy enough also. Juat matter of preference, I could if wanted Im sure even use Nero to create video tutorials f wanted as used to the software been using it for 15 years or more.

my question is if you think that <embed src> will work with other operative systems diferent than windows like linux,in case my clients use that on their computers and...if you know other method that could work for me-?

Thanks B4 handed

Please try to understand I dont want to depend on software like flash player cs6 as its been depicted already and what you say power point is software ,if you can bring a method please rather make it with code if you have one

thanks

It dont seem you want to cooperate by reading,just setting ur standards for what you think its all about but in reality ignoring my words,Im telling you I want a way to set my videos based in coding calling for the console of embed src,and also asked a question relating this but if you dont want to read but just projecting yourselfs is the same living things this way,because you are rep[lying but off topic and im op

Last edited:
Lo here is an example of what is not being hypocryte and also not be out of topic,

Playing Videos in HTML
Example
<video width="320" height="240" controls>
<source src="movie.mp4" type="video/mp4">
<source src="movie.ogg" type="video/ogg">
<source src="movie.webm" type="video/webm">
<object data="movie.mp4" width="320" height="240">
<embed src="movie.swf" width="320" height="240">
</object>
</video>

Try it yourself »

Problems, Problems, and Solutions

Displaying videos in HTML is not easy!

You must add a lot of tricks to make sure your video will play in all browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera) and on all hardware (PC, Mac , iPad, iPhone).

In this chapter W3Schools summarizes the problems and the solutions.
The <embed> Element

The purpose of the <embed> tag is to embed multimedia elements in HTML pages.

The following HTML fragment displays a Flash video embedded in a web page:
Example
<embed src="intro.swf" height="200" width="200">

Try it yourself »

Problems

If the browser does not support Flash, the video will not play
iPad and iPhone do not support Flash videos
If you convert the video to another format, it will still not play in all browsers

Using The <object> Element

The purpose of the <object> tag is to embed multimedia elements in HTML pages.

The following HTML fragment displays a Flash video embedded in a web page:
Example
<object data="intro.swf" height="200" width="200"></object>

Try it yourself »

Problems:

If the browser does not support Flash, the video will not play
iPad and iPhone do not support Flash videos
If you convert the video to another format, it will still not play in all browsers

Using the HTML5 <video> Element

The HTML5 <video> tag defines a video or movie.

The <video> element works in all modern browsers.

The following HTML fragment displays a video in OGG, MP4, or WEBM format:
Example
Your browser does not support the video tag.
</video>

Try it yourself »

Problems:

You must convert your videos to many different formats
The <video> element does not work in older browsers

The Best HTML Solution

The example below uses 4 different video formats. The HTML 5 <video> element tries to play the video either in MP4, OGG, or WEBM format. If this fails, the code "falls back" to try the <object> element. If this also fails, it "falls back" to the <embed> element:
HTML 5 + <object> + <embed>
<object data="movie.mp4" width="320" height="240">
<embed src="movie.swf" width="320" height="240">
</object>
</video>

Try it yourself »

by op VEGAS

Well the ops previous example wasnt acurrate since is for swf files, but is an approach that could work remember I dont want to depend on fancy programs like flash player cs6

When embedding videos, you normally need a player of some sort, a plugin to do the actual display. And the path to the actual video file is a parameter to that.
Try a view-source on any site that actually displays videos.

There are a few plugin filters that make this easier within Drupal. http://drupal.org/project/emfield is easy. http://drupal.org/project/media etc

Embed video means to embed, or place, a video within the HTML code of the page you are posting on.
You can add video using HTML code - you will need more then basic HTML knowledge.
Embedding video player plugin is much easier. You just need to embed simple code provided by plugin creator.

<embed src="http://www.tizag.com/files/html/htmlexample.mpeg"
autostart="false" />

My approach
How can I embed video in without a plugin?

You will have to use one of the unfiilted html plugins out there, or you can use our additional tags plugin to allow certain tags/attributes sitewide.

a plugin like
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/vipers-video-quicktags/

works great

other videos work directly because of oembed, but for self hosted stuff you need some sort of player

/OP/I want to do it without a plugin

<video width="560" height="340" controls>
2 <source src="path/to/myvideo.mp4" type='video/mp4; codecs="avc1.42E01E, mp4a.40.2"'>
3 <source src="path/to/myvideo.ogv" type='video/ogg; codecs="theora, vorbis"'>
4 </video>

I just want to use the windows console so dont think this would work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting