host.ing for as low as $39,000/yr

CanSpace

Google Registry just dropped a new TLD .ing

Looks interesting and opening up many exciting opportunities to own actionable words.

host.ing is still available, if anyone wants to pick up this gem for as low as $39k/year (phase 1 release priority registration was only $1.3mln). đź’¸

Aaaaand sold. :unsure:

Whoever bought it certainly acquired top bragging rights, but I don't see how the name can be advantageous when it comes to establishing ranking authority. From what I read, unless you become a complete content authority on a subject, Google isn't necessarily going to push your name forward.

I wonder who bought it and what they plan to do with it. Maybe a big host bought it? They certainly got the money for it.

I wonder who bought it and what they plan to do with it. Maybe a big host bought it? They certainly got the money for it.
I'd be shocked if a small company decided to grab it. Don't forget, it's $39,000 per year.

Never know. Some small guy or small host could've bought it with the intent to resell it for more money. It could be a hot domain or it could be a dud. No way to know for sure till down the road.

Also, there are other possibilities as well for this new extension. Bank.ing, Search.ing, Invest.ing to name a few that might be worth it.

Look, there are certainly some domains that if managed right can bring enormous traffic via organic optimization (ex: hosting.com, webhosting.com ... both may be for sale actually). I just don't think host.ing is one of them.

Besides not knowing how much value Google will place on this TLD when it comes to rank, 'host' isn't something that most people looking for hosting search for and 'host.ing' isn't a word.

Assuming a healthy $0.50 CPC rate means you can bring 213 targeted qualified leads every day. Or you can buy a host.ing domain for $39,000/year. What would you choose?

39k HOLY Smokes. I dont know how strong this type of domain will be when it comes to Google's ranking but it's been known they have reduced the value of a direct match URL... if this even is one, I'm pretty sure they're going to continue doing that.

But for 39k you could create a pretty strong digital marketing campaign to me that's a safer bet.

I mean why not do hosting.ing if you are going to try that.

Anyway, this got me interested :
print.ing , market.ing 38 326,88/yr
work.ing , fly.ing 128 697,42/yr

Interesting all the gambling betting type ones are taken already :) and of course googl.ing

39k HOLY Smokes. I dont know how strong this type of domain will be when it comes to Google's ranking but it's been known they have reduced the value of a direct match URL... if this even is one, I'm pretty sure they're going to continue doing that.
The only hope is that Google backs its own TLD and lists it high enough. With prices like those, they better add a bit more authority to the .ing brand.

From what I know, the domain itself (direct match URL or not) is not as important as the quality of information provided on that domain. Google wants to rank better and more valuable content first.