How many customers a month?

BlackStorm

how many new customers do you normally get a month?
Is it usually around the same each month or does it vary from month to month?

0 - 15 hosting clients per month. It varies....its a on a need basis....we have upped our stakes and signups since going windows based also....but you can not get a sniff for a whole month sometimes........December is usually bad....between 20th and 1st Jan.....everyone has spent up or dont want to start a new account when its holiday time.

<< how many new customers do you normally get a month? Is it usually around the same each month or does it vary from month to month? >>

This really depends. Shared hosting, my company has never gone into main stream and has never really done much advertising or such.
My company - which one can see from my signature - mainly does consultancy services at the moment (Until of course I finish up th final plans for the new line of services as you know since I've stated already on WHT ;) ). Consultancy clients, they are usually companies who book in for say up to four or six months and have possibly between one and four hours a month, depending on their needs and financial status. Therefore, unfortunately, one cannot receive say 20 to 40 new clients like without being booked fully for a long long time. ;)

<< December is usually bad....between 20th and 1st Jan.....everyone has spent up or dont want to start a new account when its holiday time. >>

I am not too sure there Klooki. Many web hosts find that they actually sell more during the holiday season, especially resellers. I can agree on shared, but on resellers - lots find that the start of holidays is when they receive the most, but also the most cancels at the end. :p

4-15 a month.. Im my companies limited existance, our slowest month was about 4 i think but never more than 15 yet..