I nailed it!

webling

I posted a short while back since I fired cPanel that I was working on web hosting so extreme that I could host professional sites for only 9.95 ( Not per month PER YEAR...HELLO?. I have the server in place now to do it, the new site up. The next issue is getting the billing software in place and I have at least 2 different options I am testing that are working. (I've programed my own in the past over 10 years ago and can do it again if I have to) It just depends on what I think is most appealing to my customers.

I have shut the CWH site down while I still take care of my customers. I will be slashing their hosting costs in more than half by the way.

I'm just tired of high end companies trying to rope us in to "NEEDING" them. I am an individualist, I am NOT NEEDY. I will find another way.

Thank you cPanel to putting me to the test that helped me be my best.

I want to eventually show every web hosting company how to fire cPanel instantly just as I did. And then when I went to Plesk, they also got fired in their first month with me. Shocking? Not to me, my clients are still with me and I am working with them.

More later, sorry, have to get back to working on my new billing system very few know about. Oh, by the way, go learn you some programing so the high end companies can no longer control you. Also, I should let you know I scored a solid 4.0 in networking when I wuz in tech skool (All spelling errors intenshunal) and can move my servers around the globe at will with ZERO downtime.

Last edited:
Good luck with your venture! You're just starting out and looking at a custom billing system already? WHMCS starts at $15.95/m, Blesta $12.95/m -- the time it'll take you to build will be way more than that. Is it even worth it?

At $15.95/m if you value your time, if you just spend 1 hour maintaining this system once built would cost you more than paying for an existing solution upfront.

Each to their own I guess. Hoping it works out as you plan :)

Good luck with your venture! You're just starting out and looking at a custom billing system already? WHMCS starts at $15.95/m, Blesta $12.95/m -- the time it'll take you to build will be way more than that. Is it even worth it?

At $15.95/m if you value your time, if you just spend 1 hour maintaining this system once built would cost you more than paying for an existing solution upfront.

Each to their own I guess. Hoping it works out as you plan :)

I have to tell you, I'm not just starting out. I've been doing this over 10 years. I've also been through tech skool.

I haven't been in here in a couple days because I have had my head stuck in a new linux server I isntalled CWP on transfering domains and I love CWP. I thought I was going to get rid of even Plesk completely, however, when I crunched all the numbers, because my Plesk server is a pretty good size. I don't really care about the billing system software, because when I factored that in using whmcs I can still do what I projected. This might sound crazy to a lot of people but I am now running Plesk and CWP servers even though I thought I would get rid of Plesk. I'm just working through the speed bumps at this point and my original vision to offer web hosting as low as $10 a month is still going to work. And I renewed my license for WHMCS. I already know the pricing on that since I have been using it for countless years. I did renew with a lower cost license, so my billing site will have their link in it, but it's okay. It won't hurt my business.

I looked at other good carts, but the low cost ones didn't work right, the free ones didn't do what I want them to do, and the good ones wanted a one time fee which required more money than I have. So WHMCS remains my choice and I have transferred it to my new Web Hosting server and domain. WHMCS is working with me to get it online.

I have one customer who has one of my top accounts on which he can run up to 7 domains under a single login. He pays about $77 every six months and his costs are now going to be chopped down considerably, quite possibly in half or there abouts.

Once I get this all in place, hardly any web host will be able to compete with me. Even the big dogs won't be able to compete with me.

I find it funny how you refer to dropping their software as firing them.

Once I get this all in place, hardly any web host will be able to compete with me. Even the big dogs won't be able to compete with me.

I have read some of your threads and still not sure what you're doing. Are you simply dropping as much software as possible to provide cheaper hosting? Did I miss something?