Javascript?

02Hosting

Is JavaScript actually needed? like yeh there are a few good things made with it but what is it actually best for i hardly see any websites coded in JavaScript? i have learned html and css but have never had the time for JavaScript.

Can you do everything you need without learning JavaScript, do you or your customers need it. Its a bit like asking if you need a motorbike. Without know your needs whats the point in asking.

He is just asking to get his posts count. He has numerous posts of that sort in various threads.

Obviously you can't build a full website with Javascript only. Your pages are HTML or PHP and you can include some Javascript for specific functions you need.

Let me explain the difference.

HTML and CSS are best for building static websites.
No interaction nothing moves no fancy stuff (although you can dome cool things with CSS, but not as good as JS).

You do not need JS to build a complete website. You can make a very good and cool website with just HTML and CSS.

Now, where does JS fit?
Usually people build HTML websites and then use JS to enhance the design. For example, you want to add a rotating banner or drag and drop feature ... etc

You can also take a look at jquery library which is made of JS. It has a lot of already made things that you can just use.

Hope this helps

Whether a js file is needed depends on what data or effect you want in some web page. There seems no common way to to do this for all sites.

For a static website HTML and CSS is more that enough but if you want to add some extra effects to your website javaScript will be handy.

Hi,

Each of these languages is used for a different purpose and together they are used to build a website with all desired functionalities.
HTML creates elements of a website, CSS is used to for layout and design of these elements, and Javascript is used to improve usability of a website, below are few examples I can include:

- Access an element on the website and change its characteristics based on your criteria(DOM) for e.g. Using in online forms, "asking user to fill in all required fields before submitting form to the server".
- Talk to server without refreshing the web page (AJAX)
- Fix browser issues such as IE compatibility problems
- Animate elements on your website using JQuery (A library of JS)

I hope this helps,

Amir

4D Hosting