Need help in build my own CDN

Afi_raba

Hello, I'm want to start my own CDN bussines.
I'm new to the dedicated/ colo scene and I'm looking for a tutorial for how to create a CDN bussiness and how to use dedicated servers or colo for this.

I'm a software engineer and can handle anything from the needed software side, but for me there is still much unknown from the business side, hardware side and the network side.

As a start, I need edge servers for resealable price.

I tried first using Hertzner and OVH, the problem is they are VERY expensive for a CDN operation and with them this whole idea don't make bussiness sense.

Hello, I'm want to start my own CDN bussines.

I'm guessing this is a fake account that will later be used to promote "XYZ CDN," but there are a few questions just in case it's not.

Are you looking to just rent servers from other data centers, or are you looking to have dedicated equipment that you own/manage in a data center - these are two very different approaches.

This is NOT a small undertaking, and as much as I love the Hosting Discussion forums, you really need to have someone with true data center experience and technical and project planning - among a dozen other things I'm sure.

The big question I would ask is the short-term goals and measurement of success. Do you have enough funding? The expense will be huge - we're not taking a few hundred dollars or a few thousand dollars, we're talking 10s of thousands per month, and depending on how you approach things, you're talking 100s of thousands per month.

Keep in mind that the hardware is only a fraction of the cost, you will also be spending a lot of money on bandwidth in and out, and it has to be fast! Fast costs more money!

Please don't get me wrong, but if you have to ask this question on a forum, it is likely way above your head. Actually, not likely. You said it was.

I don't judge the desire to get into CDN business. I think you are just better off learning the ropes with something less heavy, VPS/Dedicated offerings... it's like trying to learn a foreign language without learning its alphabet first.

But if you are committed to CDN and nothing else, then you can maybe try to build up a 2-server setup first. One of the best guides you'll ever read on the subject is this one.

Please don't get me wrong, but if you have to ask this question on a forum, it is likely way above your head. Actually, not likely. You said it was.

I don't judge the desire to get into CDN business. I think you are just better off learning the ropes with something less heavy, VPS/Dedicated offerings... it's like trying to learn a foreign language without learning its alphabet first.

But if you are committed to CDN and nothing else, then you can maybe try to build up a 2-server setup first. One of the best guides you'll ever read on the subject is this one.
Thank you! This was VERY informative, I learned a lot from this.
Really appreciate that, if you have more quality guidance like this I will lobe to read it