Some good Ev1 Servers news!

Stewart

I just recieved this email (like most EV1servers customers) abnd thought i would post it so every one including those who arnt EV1 customers can read it.

Greetings from the Headsurfer! First of all, I want to thank you for being an EV1Servers customer. We truly appreciate your business. I've got some great news that I know many of you will be pleased to hear.

Texas Sales Tax
Effective August 1, EV1Servers will no longer collect the 8.25% Texas sales tax on payments from customers who live outside of Texas and have no "nexus" in Texas. A separate email later this month will provide details on what, if anything, will be required on your account to ensure that sales tax is not charged. There is a possibility that our customers may also be able to apply for a refund of tax paid. Additional information will be made available in early September.

Billing System Upgrade
We will be upgrading our billing system starting Friday, July 23 at 3pm EST. We expect the process to take between 48 and 72 hours, during which you will not be able to add or cancel any services. However, you will be able access support tickets and other information through the members section with no interruption. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

DC2 Memory Upgrades
Effective immediately, additional RAM is available at DC2! Better yet, we have reduced our RAM pricing. For additional information, please Click Here

New Services

FireSlayer: All IPs on all servers at both EV1 data centers are now protected by FireSlayer, "a combination of EV1-developed and commercially available anti Denial of Service (DoS) technologies. This service is 100% automatic and 100% free. There is no need to sign up.
Full and Partial Private Racks: We now offer rack packages with 20-server and 5-server capacities. Each rack user is connected to our network through a dedicated 100 Mbps link.
KVM on Demand: KVM (keyboard, video, mouse) over IP gives you desktop-like access to your server. You'll be able to view its contents as if you were right in front of it with your keyboard, monitor and mouse. Daily rental of this service is now available.
Plesk Premier and Plesk Antivirus: Plesk Premier is an unlimited domains license upgrade with a full suite of add-on features. Plesk Antivirus offers award-winning protection to unlimited mailboxes at one annual per-server fee.
** For complete details on any of the above services, please Click Here

Upcoming Services (Estimated August 1 Availability)

Private Networks: our new private network, which will route on private IPs on a second NIC, will be available to connect servers at both of our data centers at 10 Mb. Traffic between connected servers AND to our backup system will no longer count towards your monthly allowance.
Remote Reboot: Power cycle your server with the press of a keystroke through our members section! This service will be available at both data centers for a one-time setup of approximately $99.
Remote Console over IP: This interface will provide a separate access to the serial port for console access on your server through a web interface.
** For complete details on any of the above services, please Click Here

Thanks for taking the time to read through this information. We have been working hard behind the scenes to bring you these new features and services and we're proud to be able to do so at the absolute lowest cost possible. Or, in the case of Fireslayer, at no cost!!

Robert Marsh
Head Surfer
EV1Servers

I see many good things that EV1 announced in this email and it was at the right time (i was considering changing server providers). but the most important thing on the list is the no Texas sales tax! should bring my server bills down a little :D as well as the FREE (capitals because every one likes upper case FREE's) FireSlayer service i hopeevery one esle can see the good things in this email.

Comments?

Stewart