- 5 adults sitting comfortably
- 5-star safety rating across all categories
- Trunk cargo space more than any car of its class
- Glass-roof
- 0-60 miles (100km) in less than 6 seconds
- Range: 215 miles (346 km)
- Autopilot mode included in base price
- $35,000

Over 230,000 pre-orders in the first couple of days.

I gotta say, with double the supercharging stations by end of next year, this car makes it a very attractive offering.

What are your thoughts on it?

Wow, that price tag puts the Tesla Model 3 out of my price range. That range of 215 miles seems a little short to me.

With a slight sense of dark humour, this does seem a little funny in hindsight. I mean after what happened to their self driving car just a few days ago when those people died

With a slight sense of dark humour, this does seem a little funny in hindsight. I mean after what happened to their self driving car just a few days ago when those people died

I heard about it as well. That's too bad that people put so much confidence in brand new autopilot technology. On a car on top of that, with so many variables at stake.

Even if they bring this technology to perfection, I'd still drive the car myself. Driving is the fun part.

On the other hand, with close to 500,000 pre-orders, even if I were to sign up today, I don't think I'll even see the car before 2019-2020. I won't be waiting that long, so likely will have to skip the first generation Model 3. Hopefully by then the charging station network will truly be everywhere.

Amazing car, but, unfortunately, there is 3 bad things for russians.
1) Too low range. It's enough for everyday city usage, but not enough to ride to the granny's village.
2) No charging stations. You have to charge a car using home electricity. It's expensive and too slow.
3) It's still too expensive for most russians.

By the way, I'd love to have electric car and really waiting when charging infrastructure will be built in Russia.

Amazing car, but, unfortunately, there is 3 bad things for russians.
1) Too low range. It's enough for everyday city usage, but not enough to ride to the granny's village.
2) No charging stations. You have to charge a car using home electricity. It's expensive and too slow.
3) It's still too expensive for most russians.

By the way, I'd love to have electric car and really waiting when charging infrastructure will be built in Russia.

You nailed it pretty well for Russia. Unfortunately, looking at Tesla's expansion plans of supercharger stations, they aren't investing in building a few stations in or around Moscow at least. I am afraid even with these stations if someone is stuck in traffic, the car has a change to not make it to the closest plug. :D

Attach an anchor to it and throw it overboard. :) Probably great for inner city driving close to supercharger stations, but beyond that, no thanks.

You nailed it pretty well for Russia. Unfortunately, looking at Tesla's expansion plans of supercharger stations, they aren't investing in building a few stations in or around Moscow at least. I am afraid even with these stations if someone is stuck in traffic, the car has a change to not make it to the closest plug. :D

Yes, unfortunately, there is no plans about Russia in next 5 years. Also there is no chargers for Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt and another models. Just a few chargers for Mitsubishi iMiev, that placed only in Moscow.

Electric cars are the future! that's 100% sure. If some other more nature friendly and cheap don't come up. As for the Tesla itself :))) Very very nice car. Super high-tech and with great design.

I'm agree with you. There is not so much oil left on our little planet. So, why the electric transport development is so slow, I wonder?

Money man:) There is a lot of oil to be sold before this era ends. Аlternative fuels are available for long time but their entering on the market is hold on purpose by all these oil corporations for the same reason :)

Last edited:
I'm agree with you. There is not so much oil left on our little planet. So, why the electric transport development is so slow, I wonder?

Yes, money rule the world. First electric car was invited before 100 years, but oil company'es owners stop this, because then they loss a lot of money. And only before 10 years Elon Musk again start to invite and produce electric cars.

Rode in a Tesla from the airport to HostingCon yesterday. I was impressed, but the range is rubbish and they're stupidly over-complicated.

My old MD had one and I have to say I wasn't over all impressed until he let me have a drive in it and it was a completely different experience of driving a normal petrol/diesel car. The technology in them is immense too!

My old MD had one and I have to say I wasn't over all impressed until he let me have a drive in it and it was a completely different experience of driving a normal petrol/diesel car. The technology in them is immense too!

Yes, I agree. I always want to drive Tesla, but for now it's pretty expensive car, maybe in the future, everyone can buy it :)