Twitter ➡ X

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
Thoughts on this mega massive change of name?

Interestingly as it turns out both Meta and Microsoft own the trademark for the name "X". Meta in the scope of social networking. Microsoft, I think, owns just trademark for the name "X".

After logging in today, I thought it was hacked. Took a while to do some checking.

Regarding trademark - doubt you can copyright letters. As for graphic design, yes, it can be done.

It was a strange move but since he owns the company he can do as he pleases lol I don't mind the X but I am not sure how he will market it and brand it. The company was branded around the bird logo and the name twitter. Very interesting to see how it turns out for Elon.

I think twitter has become Elon's little toy after these days.
That's why you shouldn't question what is done :D

It's incredible that not only does he buy Twitter for $44 billion, he then goes and wipes an additional up to $20 billion in brand value, according to a couple of brand assessment firms.

Makes no sense at all to change it to "X" Twitter is Twitter and it should stay like that.

It doesn't matter is X, Y or Z. If EM is there there will be freedom of speech there, and that is all that matter...

I don't use Twitter much but I suppose it makes sense and it must have been a very expensive domain to purchase. Maybe in the millions? One letter company name. I find it interesting and I am sure it will take some time to get used to but I assume Mr. Musk knows what he is doing in view of his success. I think it is a great name and can not wait to see what changes await. Perhaps I will jump on board and start using "X" more often.

I haven't fact checked this yet but didn't he already own the domain "X"? He mentioned before he loved it and that is why he wanted to use it. Also, as Rowebca said, freedom of speech is a big thing right now so I am sure Twitter or X I should say, has exploded with new users and brought back old ones.

just a tax dodge. change of name means nothing, it is still the same rubbish site and system operated by the same staff just new rich owner.

just a tax dodge. change of name means nothing, it is still the same rubbish site and system operated by the same staff just new rich owner.
And from what I've read, twitter is performing better and the majority of staff that contributed nothing was removed. In beginning everyone was scrambling because he laid people off and had to adjust to Elon but now you don't hear much about it. They are content.

Also, I feel like this was the best thing for everyone. Elon buying twitter showed us what the government was doing.

At the end of the day, its his business and whatever he wants to call it is his right lol