What type of hosting are you using free or paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocomaster

Account Disabled

If it's free then can you give me reasons why you chose paid services instead of using free?

If it's free then can you give me reasons why you chose paid services instead of using free?

as the saying goes

YOU GET NOTHING FOR FREE

simply if you get free hosting then you will have some sort of limits/restrictions and not likely ads on your websites to cover the cost of the hosting.
Also free hosting you will have no backups and most likely no security as all these cost money, also your host can suddenly close up shop and you will lose everything and have no comebacks.

Is it really worth the risk all to save $2 a month as this is the price of basic shared hosting.

Free Hosting Or Paid Hosting, What I would choose?

A lot of people have this question.

As my opinion, PAID HOSTING > FREE HOSTING

Because if you get a free hosting you get limited features for example:
you will have limited storage space, bandwidth, no backup, and no security.

And if you go with paid hosting you can choose your hosting plan as you need. So it will be good if you buy a paid hosting instead of Free hosting

Free hosting providers tend to close their doors pretty often so you loose your hosting. They also don't provide backups. They are using free panels with security flaws. They will not provide support when an issue occur. They don't use cloudlinux for stability nor litespeed for speed nor imunify360 for security.

If the service is free, the product they are selling is you!

Funny, but real. Remember nothing is free in this world ! We did free web hosting for a while but for testing software, testing security etc. For me free web hosting is almost the same like SEO, in both you put money (from the provider perspective) but you're not sure if you get something !!! :D

Paid Hosting will have more resources and additional features than free hosting such as extra bandwidth, email accounts, and disk storage,etc.

For a startup business or a new website, the features which are provided by free hosting would be sufficient, a new business may take time to grow so free hosting features would be enough.

You can upgrade your free hosting to paid hosting any time in the future.

When i was hosting i offered free hosting, but this was specifically for registered charities (they have to provide their charity number) and registered community groups(they had to provide evidence they were registered with local authority), if they could not provide such evidence they they did not get the free hosting. I had a separate server for this

Well, i will advise everyone not to go for free hosting even not a cheap hosting. Free hosting will use you to promote their product and dump you at unexpected time. They might even close their door with your data and there is nothing you can do because you are not paying for the service. On the whole, paid hosting is the best, don’t go for free hosting.

Well, i will advise everyone not to go for free hosting even not a cheap hosting. Free hosting will use you to promote their product and dump you at unexpected time. They might even close their door with your data and there is nothing you can do because you are not paying for the service. On the whole, paid hosting is the best, don’t go for free hosting.

I agree.

Also another disadvantage of free hosting is that the host will do no checks on who takes up the service, so you could be sharing then IP with a spammer, hacker or anyone, so the IP you are using gets blacklisted and you are then associated with this IP

Free Hosting is good for beginners who want to build their site for fun and learning but if you are serious about your website/business, a big NO for free servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.