What's this - another new person?!?? Nawwww...

Lesli

I've only been posting here for...(checks the clock) less than 48 hours and already I've been welcomed very warmly - which is cool - and called a VIP - which startled me, in a good way. It's kind of neat, because I was definitely NOT in the popular group back in secondary school (BAND GEEKS UNITE!!!), but also mildly odd. I had no idea I was a VIP.

But no pressure on me, eh? :D

I see a few names that are familiar from other forums where I read and participate, so I know I have to watch my Ps and Qs or they'll pull out the blackmail photos.

I have been a web freelancer for nearly eight years, though many of those earlier years were part-time freelancing. I handle operations for Scribehost and The Living Media, write some articles (staff columnist and syndicated), and am working on learning enough server admin to be a suitable backup - but my primary focus is customer service and long-term business planning. I'm a bit of a techie, but I know that my code-fu is wa-a-ay behind others'. I'm very much a neo-geek. I want to know enough to have a clear idea of what's going on with the servers, but I'll probably always be content to leave the day-to-day management of it to the folks for whom that is their true bliss.

I found this place from someone's .sig in WHT, ambled over, and read for a while. The place has a good vibe - a good community. Congrats to everyone who's made it what it is! Here's hoping I can help keep up the tradition.

Hey Lesli!
Welcome to our community :)
Hope you have a good time here along with the community, your posts seems to be pretty good so far ;)

If you have any questions or problems just let us know and someone will help you ASAP!

Enjoy the community!
Good to have you with us
:cheers:
John

Told you she was a VIP. I have the magazine to proove it. :lol: She also didn't tell you what her loves and hates are but I guess you will have to offer her a ton of coffee to find out.
Welcome again Lesli, one coffee adict to another.

Hi, sorry for the late welcome to the site. Welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy it very much.

John Diver said:
Hehe was it you that had something in ping zine Lesli?

I've written several articles for them and been interviewed. Plenty of *really* good contributors to that magazine, though.

Yes, I had an advertisement in a few issues of Pingzine for Scribehost. It was something that I had the magazine staff put together, since I was utterly swamped at the time and my graphics design person was also busy. (Plus the colourscheme has changed a touch - lightened the background colour, kept the accent colour).

Hi everyone...dangit - is there a "wave" icon?

:wave:

Eh...guess not.

Oh wait: :Howdy:

Ahhh I remember now from your site :)
I remember the old layout, seen it a while ago.
Great to have you here, guess Freckled was right ;) hehe

Yep, of course we have a wave icon :D

As long as there's nonalcoholic drinks for me - I'm epileptic, alcohol does NOT play well with the anticonvulsant medication I take. Besides which, while I'm gleefully fond of the taste of (good) coffee, I don't like the way most alcohol smells.