Wordpress site

DewdropHost

I have created a website for my hosting company using wordpress. But I want to hide my wordpress login page from public. There are some plugin available but is there any manual way to do this?

I have created a website for my hosting company using wordpress. But I want to hide my wordpress login page from public. There are some plugin available but is there any manual way to do this?

I know you can easily do this using Better WP Security plugin, and much more. :thumbup:

I believe you could manually do this using .htaccess and redirect rules as well. Another good option to protect your dashboard would be using IP restriction and password protecting your wp-admin folder.

Just remove the login [META Login] widget from Appearance of your theme.

That does NOT protect your WP dashboard at all.. :disagree:

Every bot/hacker knows to go to 'yourdomain.com/wp-admin' and look for your WP admin dashboard. It is very important that you take steps to protect it, such as hiding the WP admin section as OP suggested, allowing only your IP to access it (IP Restriction via .htaccess), and password protecting the 'wp-admin' directory.

More detailed info....

Recommended Steps to Harden WordPress

http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/web-hosting-discussion/32775-how-secure-your-wordpress-website.html

IP restrict it using htaccess would be the best way to do it, I am not sure if you can change the admin folder name?

IP restrict it using htaccess would be the best way to do it, I am not sure if you can change the admin folder name?

You can, but it's not easy.. Unless you use a plugin to do it for you, such as 'Better WP Security' plugin. It renames your 'wp-admin' folder to anything you want.

Security through obscurity! :D

On one hand, hackers make life more difficult. On the other hand though they force us to step up our security game which is good for business.

Hackers..........can't shoot them, can't love them.

IP restriction via .htaccess would be preferable. However there are easy mechanism also available as mentioned above.

There will be a way but why don't you just hide it with the plugin as it saves so much time on your end this would be a easy fix but at this time if you don't really understand code that much your better off with plugins i would anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123