Please help me what are the best tips to setup the SolusVM with OpenVZ.
1. VPS Xen is good for SolusVM Master and what are the best specs?
2. Any tips and security to setup SolusVM Slave?
3. What are the steps to install SolusVM DNS?
__________________ BGSAWebHosting.com - We offer Full-Managed Hosting. [Since 2007] InfraVPS.com - Simple. Unmetered. Infrastructured VPS's Web Hosting Press Media - We help you to complain your Web Hosting provider and other offensive forums
█ ControlVM Technology
█ Business Hosted PBX ● Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 30 Countries.
█ VPS Hosting in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and now available in Hong Kong!
I tend to prefer XEN because of Windows support. The nice thing about openvz seems to be it can be setup automatically to some degree, even some control panel installers do this, I don't use solusVM yet but it seems like a good deal at 10usd. Whats support like? do they assist or do you have to do all yourself?
SolusVM is a very nice tool. At 10 bucks it really is a great deal jjstars. The support is superb. They answer each and every support ticket and help you through the entire thing until your server is up and running and you're ready to take clients.
We are using Solus VM as management solution both for XEN and OpenVZ. I think that Xen is definitely better virtualization technique and provides more flexibility. As far as for the best practices in managing SolusVM I think that you should go searching their forums @ forum.soluslabs.com
You need the following to setup the SolusVM with OpenVZ-
1. CentOS 5+ based linux operating system
2. At least one external IP address
3. OpenVZ - Ensure you have the correct partition requirements
4. Xen - Ensure you have the correct partition requirements
5. OpenVZ - Ensure you are running an OpenVZ Kernel
6. Xen - Ensure you are running a Xen Kernel