Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #1 (permalink)   09-05-2008, 12:09 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1

Status: stikz12 is offline
Hey! Am new to the forum, hello everyone.

Am looking for someone who can answer a few questions I have on how the webhosting business works ..

Questions relating cpanel,servers,billing systems, etc...

I would want to ask questions thru an Instant Messenger application such as AIM, or thru phone ..if possible.

Your help well be greatly appreciated..


Thanks
 
 
 


Old
  Post #2 (permalink)   09-05-2008, 01:20 PM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 570

Status: Lesli is offline
It sounds like what you're looking for is a private tutor in how to be a web host.

My hourly rate is $70, not including any telephone charges you might incur. I would be willing to answer questions via phone. Payment in advance, 30-minute minimum, billed in 15-minute increments.

Be advised, though, you can probably save yourself a bit of money if you just read through these (and other) forums.
__________________
Lesli Schauf, TLM Network
Linux and Windows Shared Hosting since 2002: Scribehost

Last edited by Lesli : 09-05-2008 at 01:22 PM.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #3 (permalink)   09-05-2008, 02:42 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,724

Status: Artashes is online now
You can ask any question on this forum if you'd like. This is what it is for.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   09-06-2008, 07:44 AM
HD Master
 
bobchrist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 484

Status: bobchrist is offline
Refer this hosting article; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_hosting
If you would like to start your own hosting business, I would suggest you to check with reseller hosting plan and try out contacting a hosting company that offering reseller hosting plan and providing 24x7 support, contact them on online chat, they'll answer most of the questions that you've.
__________________
Raid-x

Last edited by bobchrist : 09-06-2008 at 07:46 AM.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #5 (permalink)   09-07-2008, 02:49 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28

Status: dh_eddie is offline
You should try opening up a thread with a few major questions at a time. You'd be suprised the amount of help you would get. Also try doing it at webhostingtalk . com

You can also aim to stick with someone who has been in the business an is willing to work with you. But there are a bunch of time wasters out there. The best thing to do is go in yourself, make mistakes, and learn from them.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #6 (permalink)   10-16-2008, 10:21 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 25

Status: GWS-Natal1a is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobchrist View Post
Refer this hosting article; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_hosting
If you would like to start your own hosting business, I would suggest you to check with reseller hosting plan and try out contacting a hosting company that offering reseller hosting plan and providing 24x7 support, contact them on online chat, they'll answer most of the questions that you've.
Yep correct find in wikipedia articles or ask Mr. Google too

You will get more than you want to know
__________________
Best regards,
Natalia - Global Web Serve
We globally serve the web with good support and satisfying service
 
 
 


Old
  Post #7 (permalink)   01-03-2009, 09:02 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 36

Status: manadospace is offline
business hosting for me is build relationship,service and keep them, just like offline business, but on this we have to ready face off with rublle,fraud,scam people try running illegal site using our service.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #8 (permalink)   01-03-2009, 10:49 PM
~Pixel Queen~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 290
Send a message via AIM to The-Pixel Send a message via MSN to The-Pixel Send a message via Skype™ to The-Pixel

Status: The-Pixel is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesli View Post
It sounds like what you're looking for is a private tutor in how to be a web host.

My hourly rate is $70, not including any telephone charges you might incur. I would be willing to answer questions via phone. Payment in advance, 30-minute minimum, billed in 15-minute increments.

Be advised, though, you can probably save yourself a bit of money if you just read through these (and other) forums.
Bit harsh. I was under the impression this forum was a free tool used to share information from one person to another.
__________________
Lindi Wheaton
I <3 Pixel's
The-Pixel :: Get a custom WEB DESIGN today!
 
 
 


Old
  Post #9 (permalink)   01-04-2009, 11:35 AM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 117

Status: The Hosting Team is offline
Not harsh at all. The forum is free. Personal, dedicated, offline support is another matter.

If the OP follows the advice given in earlier posts, namely by asking specific questions in specific posts, he/she will likely get fast, helpful, and yes, free answers from the community.
__________________
The Money Forums - Saving, Investing, and Making Money
 
 
 


Old
  Post #10 (permalink)   01-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Cyber Specialist
 
cyberworldhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 445

Status: cyberworldhost is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Pixel View Post
Bit harsh. I was under the impression this forum was a free tool used to share information from one person to another.
He is just offering his services to the guy and trying to help him out and himself. nothing wrong with that.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #11 (permalink)   01-07-2009, 06:19 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 48

Status: 111host is offline
What help you need man ?
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: