Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

Hosting Discussion > Web Hosting Forums > Web Hosting Discussion > Livezilla gone from Freeware to 1000 euros
forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #61 (permalink)   11-23-2011, 11:52 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2

Status: sentihost is offline
I want to get paid, you want to get paid ... what's the deal? Are you guys students? Can't imagine a professional acting like this.

I bought my upgrade operator license yesterday for 69 so I don't understand why you guys are telling that LiveZilla would be 1000. I am quite sure that absolutely nobody here really needs an unlimited license. If you would need it, you guys wouldn't care about the price (which is really minor for a company with more than 10 employees).

I also tried some of the so called free alternatives some months ago and I found LiveZilla superior to all of them. Furthermore I don't want to send my customer data to companys with allmost no reputation like comm100. Btw. how long do you think will a hosted service like comm100 remain free of charge? Giving everything away for free is not a business plan - even if you guys want to believe that.

Just my 5 cents.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #62 (permalink)   11-23-2011, 12:00 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,988
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentihost View Post
I want to get paid, you want to get paid ... what's the deal? Are you guys students? Can't imagine a professional acting like this.

I bought my upgrade operator license yesterday for 69 so I don't understand why you guys are telling that LiveZilla would be 1000. I am quite sure that absolutely nobody here really needs an unlimited license. If you would need it, you guys wouldn't care about the price (which is really minor for a company with more than 10 employees).

I also tried some of the so called free alternatives some months ago and I found LiveZilla superior to all of them. Furthermore I don't want to send my customer data to companys with allmost no reputation like comm100. Btw. how long do you think will a hosted service like comm100 remain free of charge? Giving everything away for free is not a business plan - even if you guys want to believe that.

Just my 5 cents.
but the single licence does not have all the features the free version 3 has, you now have to pay for it. and now you have a single licence you cant expand without paying. unlimited operators gives the flexability to expand.

but when i get a reply to a problem like this

"you've been told before we don't offer v3 support if you want support upgrade to v4, don't ask again"

do you think i will give them 1p let alone 69 euros
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #63 (permalink)   01-18-2012, 06:08 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 26

Status: farhan786 is offline
It was good software but i don't think that it will be so costly
__________________
<See Rules for signature setup.>
 
 
 


Old
  Post #64 (permalink)   01-18-2012, 06:25 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,988
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by farhan786 View Post
It was good software but i don't think that it will be so costly
it is still good software and is one of the best out their, but not worth the money they are asking. if i was not given such an abusive reply to a problem then i would of stuck with the free version 3, but after their reply i went with the whmcs chat software
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #65 (permalink)   02-02-2012, 09:17 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manchester
Posts: 67

Status: Posilan is offline
We use Livezilla, and it is (was?) possibly one of the better ones out there. I can see the reason for them to start charging, but I don't agree with the way they have licenced it.

For example, if you are a growing business, you may not need "unlimited" seats yet, so one may do - 69.90 for 1 seat.

now, maybe in a couple of months time, you decide you need two people manning live chat - you then have to pay another 169.90 for up to 3 seats, but that's 239.80 paid because there is no "upgrade" path.

So then, say you need 4 operators, 279.90 - total spent 519.70 for 5 seats, which is more than a single 10 seat licence.

Once you have spent all that, when will version 5 be released? There's no release roadmap - it could be next month for all we know, meaning you have to buy the licences for the next version again.

Sure, they may have needed to start charging, but they have gone about it the wrong way.

Steve
__________________
Posilan Ltd - Manchester, United Kingdom - +44 (0)161 660 7471
Complete IT services - www.posilan.com
UK Web Hosting | Cloudlinux cPanel | Softaculous | Domain names | VPS | Colocation
 
 


Old
  Post #66 (permalink)   02-02-2012, 10:04 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 56

Status: gotlivechat is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
"you've been told before we don't offer v3 support if you want support upgrade to v4, don't ask again"
Ouch! That was an actual reply from them? Must be getting a lot of ugly emails V3 users, and now are getting frustrated with them. Though they had to expect some 'heat' for such a sudden switch (Netflix anyone?).
It's still a good product; I imagine they'll be fine...
__________________
John Rasri
White Label Click-To-Chat Software
GotLiveChat.com
Professional live chat reseller program
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: