Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

Hosting Discussion > Web Hosting Forums > Web Hosting Discussion > Do you pay monthly or yearly for your hosting..?
forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #61 (permalink)   03-20-2013, 06:40 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 24

Status: DynaBoot is offline
To my mind both billing cycles are fine and it is not matter whether you pay annually or monthly. But I would like to pay your attention to the fact that most shared packages do not have monthly billing cycle, and you will need to pay quarterly, semiannually or annually. I can tell at least 2 advantages of having annual billing cycle:
- you can save some money ( most hosting companies give a discount if you choose annual billing cycle)
- you do not need to login to your client area each moth to pay the invoice and receive multiple invoice reminders each month.
__________________
DynaBoot.com - reliable, high-quality VPS and Dedicated servers at affordable prices.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #62 (permalink)   03-20-2013, 06:46 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,989
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaBoot View Post
But I would like to pay your attention to the fact that most shared packages do not have monthly billing cycle,
This is not true as Monthly billing cycles is the most common cycle used.

Yes some hosts will have their low priced shared hosting set to annual payments as this helps when it comes to payment processing fees.

i.e. you sell a plan at 0.99c and use paypal, then when the 0.99c payment is made PP will take 0.25c in fees
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #63 (permalink)   03-20-2013, 04:07 PM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 811

Status: Alex HubRocket is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
This is not true as Monthly billing cycles is the most common cycle used.

Yes some hosts will have their low priced shared hosting set to annual payments as this helps when it comes to payment processing fees.

i.e. you sell a plan at 0.99c and use paypal, then when the 0.99c payment is made PP will take 0.25c in fees
Then you have some of the EIG brands that offer only annual payments - works great for their affiliate program though!

But generally monthly options are best to go with, most popular.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #64 (permalink)   03-20-2013, 04:12 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,989
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex - Arvixe View Post
Then you have some of the EIG brands that offer only annual payments - works great for their affiliate program though!

But generally monthly options are best to go with, most popular.
My comment was made after DynaBoot stated most shared hosting dont offer monthly plans.

and i dont have any EIG brand plans , i have my own servers
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #65 (permalink)   03-23-2013, 01:45 PM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 811

Status: Alex HubRocket is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
My comment was made after DynaBoot stated most shared hosting dont offer monthly plans.

and i dont have any EIG brand plans , i have my own servers
I don't have any EIG packages either though I know they prefer to go with annual vs monthly.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #66 (permalink)   03-25-2013, 11:22 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 57

Status: xbroshost is offline
It depend on the service reviews if the service is awesome then you should have to buy annually package because it is good for your site as well as for your site S.E.O if you are using dedicated i.p from them.
__________________
XbrosHost.Com - Number One Choice On The Webhosting - since 2009
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Linux Shared and Reseller Hosting * Dedicated Servers
USA cPanel Fully Managed Servers * cPanel Server Management * R1Soft/ DataBackup
 
 
 


Old
  Post #67 (permalink)   04-11-2013, 04:59 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 25

Status: pwhcary is offline
Hello,

Some web hosts provide free months with fix billing cycle signups like 6 month or yearly signup. I will check with my host, if any such free month service provided then will surely signup for 6 months or a year billing cycle.
__________________
PrewebHost Managed Hosting Solutions.
cPanel, Windows Shared, Reseller & Dedicated server Hosting.
99.9% Uptime | 24x7x365 Friendly Support | USA Datacenter

http://www.prewebhost.com Since 2010
 
 
 


Old
  Post #68 (permalink)   04-19-2013, 05:19 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7

Status: fastbighost is offline
I would recommend using long billing cycles(more than 1 month) if you want to save your money. I don't see any drawbacks in yearly payments, because even if you decide to cancel - every reliable web host will return you money for unused time.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #69 (permalink)   04-19-2013, 06:38 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 78
Send a message via Skype™ to rowebca

Status: rowebca is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex - Arvixe View Post
I don't have any EIG packages either though I know they prefer to go with annual vs monthly.
For me is incorrect (immoral) to advertise the annually price, without telling the customer this and what is the real price monthly. Many web hosting companies are showing a price for ex. $3.50/month (this price is only for annually subscription), but if you go monthly is 6.50/month - just an example. It is like buying a car the price is advertise like 30k (with a *) and when you have to buy is 45k. In my opinion this is done just to trick the customer. I remember back in Europe (many countries one example is Germany) if I go in a store and I see an item with a price of $5000 I can buy that item with $5000, not with another price.


This is the way to success, to lie, to trick the customer?



I found many times that to be moral in business is not the way to big success, but still I can't lie or trick my customers.

What do you think, maybe you have more experience than I have?


Regards
__________________
Rowebca Hosting Just For You
 
 
 


Old
  Post #70 (permalink)   04-19-2013, 08:15 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,989
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowebca View Post
For me is incorrect (immoral) to advertise the annually price, without telling the customer this and what is the real price monthly. Many web hosting companies are showing a price for ex. $3.50/month (this price is only for annually subscription), but if you go monthly is 6.50/month - just an example. It is like buying a car the price is advertise like 30k (with a *) and when you have to buy is 45k. In my opinion this is done just to trick the customer. I remember back in Europe (many countries one example is Germany) if I go in a store and I see an item with a price of $5000 I can buy that item with $5000, not with another price.


This is the way to success, to lie, to trick the customer?



I found many times that to be moral in business is not the way to big success, but still I can't lie or trick my customers.

What do you think, maybe you have more experience than I have?


Regards
Your example is not a lie, usually if you pay annually you will get it cheaper than paying monthly.

we ourselves will give anyone paying annually 12 months for the price of 10 months, this is the norm in the hosting industry.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #71 (permalink)   04-19-2013, 08:21 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,989
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbighost View Post
I don't see any drawbacks in yearly payments, because even if you decide to cancel - every reliable web host will return you money for unused time.
depends on the circumstances of why they are leaving, but normally if its over our MBG period we wont refund as per our TOS which the user agreed too when they signed up.

If they can provide proof of a genuine reason ( health etc.) then we will refund, but if its just because they found another host, then its no refund as its cost us time and effort etc. to set up their account.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #72 (permalink)   04-19-2013, 08:58 AM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 304

Status: bunnykins is offline
Well I pay 50 a year for my powermonser.net account as it would normally be 5 a month so I get 2 months free by paying yearly. On my cloudweb account I pay monthly though as it is a lot more money and I can not afford to pay for a full year at a time. Although it would save me money.
__________________
I use cloudweb.com and powermonster.net for hosting my site http://otakuplayground.org.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #73 (permalink)   04-19-2013, 06:07 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10

Status: eurovps_klaus is offline
It usually a good idea to begin with a monthly billing cycle if you don't know the provider you're opting for yet. However most hosts give substantial discounts if you take longer cycles. It's also a good idea to talk to the provider regarding the process of a necessity of upgrading and how that works, so that the billing is adjusted accordingly.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #74 (permalink)   04-19-2013, 06:34 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 66

Status: Eased is offline
Monthly - 90% of the time. Unless its a cheap VPS or account that you know you'll be using and don't mind throwing away $20 for the year.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #75 (permalink)   04-20-2013, 02:09 PM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 304

Status: bunnykins is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eased View Post
Monthly - 90% of the time. Unless its a cheap VPS or account that you know you'll be using and don't mind throwing away $20 for the year.
20 for a whole year of vps. Now that is cheap. What host has that cheap of vps?
__________________
I use cloudweb.com and powermonster.net for hosting my site http://otakuplayground.org.
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: